30 Bananas a Day!

Hello, a friend and I are going to Hike the entirety of the Appalachian Trail starting on ~April 20th. The trail spans from Georgia to Maine, consisting of a total of 2,100 miles.

This is a physically enduring trail and requires a lot of energy, therefore proper food and calories plays a vital role in successfully completing the trail. Since the trail began being hiked on large scale in the 70's the blueprint for diet was created and has since been little questioned.

Most "experienced" hikers consider raman, instant potatoes, rice, canned tuna, peanut butter, spam, fish and other meat to be the "optimal" "calorie dense" food source for an efficient hiker, and therefore this recommendation is not questioned by novice or beginner hikers...and it is in this manner how most all hikers complete the trail (in fact I havent found another to really question or deviate from this "TRAIL DIET".

However, me and my friend are challenging the current status quo of the trail. We are going to do the full 2,100 miles on a 100% raw vegan fruit based diet, with the best hiking shoes the planet has to offer (our barefeet).

Clean water is a challenge on the trail so we plan on "looping" or recycling one's owns "living water", "star water" or "aurine" commonly referred to as "Pee." And when we get into towns we will replenish with a gallon or so of fresh water.

We are going to eat dates,bananas and figs as our staple, supplemented with nuts and wild foraging of berries,(blueberries, strawberries mulberries, serviceberries, blackberries, etc.) herbs, mushrooms, and other greens. Also if possible we will acquire dehydrated coconut water to replenish vital minerals.

Food is acquired along the trail at various PO boxes where thru hikers pick up packages to "re supply". This is where most obtain new accessories, clothes, and FOOD. This is where we will restock our dates,figs, bananas, and other goodies. These PO boxes is what will make the entire process possible.

We are going to blog/journal the entire experience to hopefully inspire and encourage others to adapt healthy natural "joy giving" practices. In order to do this successfully and relay the information to a mass of people is going to require a great deal of dedication, work and effort, and we cannot do it on our own.

This is why we are seeking "sponsors". I have been contacting various date companies, organic dried fruit and nut companies, and coconut water companies. I am hoping that we find some support in these avenues. Also we are seeking the help of the fruit community. We hope that some of you who want another landmark in the world of raw veganism will lend a hand to support/ successfully complete the task. WE ARE FAMILY! This can be done in various ways.

We need:
a camera
food
anything else you think may help spread the message across.
$donations.
words of support, encouragement and love.
Help establishing a blog/journal (we havent establish a working blog where people can easily follow us, track our progress and help send packages or donate.)
Ideas
Also...any other fruit eating travelers, feel free to meet us along the way, and travel with us.

I know this is a long message thank you all for your time who read this. I probably still manage to leave some things out, however this message is a good start.

Looking forward to hearing the response.

Views: 727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thru-hiked the A.T last year on a vegan diet. there will be plenty of farms to "work-for-eat" at ( especially up north when the seasons change). I started April 2nd and finished August 20th. It is not that hard to do. It is 90% mental. Beware the Noro Virus!!! haha. say hi to miss Janet for me! :) it's not about the miles, it's about the smiles.. -Yimmy. class of 2013

Also: clean water is NOT a problem at all. there are natural springs everywhere. not so much in PA, but the north and south are loaded with wonderful fresh water springs. P.M me for any questions if you like.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
11 minutes ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
6 hours ago
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1
Rawberry replied to Mati Manik's discussion Any 811er in Argentina?????
May 31

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service