30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone!

My name is Christina. I just moved to Micronesia--total banana paradise...roughly 54 species of bananas!  Holy cow!  I'm gonna be a busy girl :)

On 12.21.12 I will have been 100% raw for 4 years.  Living away from grocery stores and being required to live nearly exclusively off of local markets and foraging is going to be quite an adventure!  There aren't any raw food restaurants, Whole Foods, or Co-ops out here, so it will be an adjustment.  I'm enjoying it so far though.  I have two noni-berry trees in my front yard, coconuts growing along the road, endless bananas, papayas, starfruit, soursop and things I don't even know about!

I'd love to share my experiences, funky new recipes and fruity concoctions (I have to pretty much completely alter my salads).

Nice to meet all of you!

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And we'd love to hear about them.  Just reading your posts will be a great vacation for those of our members currently battling snow :)

What sorts of greens are you finding there?

I've found some amazing greens out here!  The base of my salads is largely comprised of kang kong (a mild flavored, sweet, spinach-esque green), yam greens, and some other things that I'm not entirely sure of yet!  I'm working on getting the names of everything.  I am pretty much grabbing whatever looks good at the local markets and going from there. Fortunately there are a lot of cucumbers and peppers growing here, as well as cabbage.  They have a citrus fruit called a karertik which looks like a lime on the exterior, but is orange inside and is delicious!  I made a karertik and starfruit dressing for my green salad the other day!

Ooo, KK's yet another name for those greens.  My thai friends call them pak bong.  I've also heard water spinach.   You're right--they're some of the tastiest around.

I think one of the fruit I like the most is the soursop. You are lucky having it so near, but be careful eating a lot ot it because I've read it's related with Parkinson disease when it's eaten a big amount for a long time.

They are tasty indeed!

Nekete- thanks for the info about soursop!  Fortunately my system tends to not find something as appetizing if I eat too much of it.  I'm a lot more sensitive and aware since going raw, and the threshold is certainly different for particular foods (some fruits lend themselves more to near daily intake).  I ate about 3 soursop last week  and then I wasn't craving them any more--nature's defense mechanism!  I'll wait on having more until I start craving them again :)

Definitely keep us updated on your 30Bad Blog :o)

I certainly will!  I'd like to go on a quest for all 54 species of bananas, and I'll keep everyone posted! :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Melissa Grace joined Marina's group
5 hours ago
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
Tuesday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Jul 5
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Jul 5
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Jul 4
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service