30 Bananas a Day!

EXCUSES, EXCUSES!!!! People always try to make up excuses for why they are not raw. (Which, btw, I really don't care if my friends eat the way they eat... but it's almost as if they feel guilty or something? People always feel the need to tell me these things... I find it humorous!) They tell me things like, "I just cant live without meat because i need the extra protein." or "I can't eat a lot of fruit because I that is just too much sugar!" ANd I will get to these at a later post, but one of the most common is, "I can't do the raw food diet because it is WAY too expensive!"

wait, WHAT? really?

Maybe if you are buying gourmet raw foods that a raw chef pre-prepares or some crazy "superfoods" from some crazy raw food "guru" that owns some company and sells nutrition in some kind of "miraculous" powder!!! Or maybe if you are buying rancid "raw" nuts!!!!!??? But fruit? nah.

I could just as easily say "I can't do the Standard American Diet (SAD) because it's too expensive!!!" You know, meat and cheese can really add up! Add in some fruits and veggies and its even more expensive than MY grocery bill!!! Not to mention, going out to eat!!! That can REALLLLLLLY add up!!!

I'd also like to mention that even if it WAS more expensive (perhaps if you buy ALL organic and you don't spend times to look for deals... maybe it could be a little more?), it is still worth it because you are paying for your HEALTH! I am saving money on future doctor bills!!!!! I am saving money on cancer treatments, disease medications, and other pills!!!!!!!

Okay, sure... you can eat all the junk food you want. But good luck paying the doctor bills in the future!!!!!! It's a funny thing in America (and beyond) -- we can eat "whatever we want" and then take some pills or enzymes to make up for it. LOL. So natural, huh???

THE CHEAP WAY
There are many ways that fruit can be cheap and free. For one, YOU CAN GROW YOUR OWN RAW FOODS!!!! Fruit and veggies grows in NATURE, man!!! Can you grow cheetos in your backyard? i think NOT. Same goes with pizza, pasta, breads, candy, chips, and all that jazz. Meat is a whole different story... I'll get to that in another post.

The number one thing that helped me was using "creative visualization." I would imagine myself in an abundance of fruit. I would tell myself, "I can afford this. Fruit is so cheap! Fruit is free! I am so happy that people keep giving me fruit! I am so excited about the abundance of fruit I have!"

and I would imagine myself eating a variety of fruit. I'd think about and imagine a HUGE pile of fruit in my home at all times! I just focused a lot of thought into it!

This might sound crazy, but it worked for me! I used to say things like, "Man, I can't afford that much fruit!" or "There are only apples, bananas, and oranges around here!" and once i started thinking more POSITIVELY and using CREATIVE VISUALIZATION, a cheap produce place opened a mile from my house. People started calling me and texting me with amazing fruit deals around town. My friends would buy me fruit just to "make my day." It was amazing!

FRUIT CAN BE CHEAP AND EVEN FREE IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS! It's called using The Law Of Attraction. It's a universal law. It is happening whether you believe in it or not. When you say things like "The raw food diet is too expensive." then by golly, it WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE! It's all about postitive thoughts!!!

and if you are REALLY worried about it (which will only create more negative situations) then you can consider this:

-join a CSA (community supported agriculture) - look them up online for your area

-buy conventional (we all probably know that organic is the most optimal... but even I don't buy organic all the time. Buy as much conventional produce as you care for... then throw in some organic when you can.)

-buy in bulk (talk to the produce manager about buying a case of fruit... a case of bananas... it can sometimes be cheaper.)

-grow your own! (this may seem OBVIOUS, but so many people dont realize how easy it is! Seriously, if I CAN DO IT, you can do it!!! And if you dont have room for a garden, make some friends! I'm sure you have a friend that owns a home with a backyard... and who would be opposed to free food? seriously!?)

-BUY IN SEASON!!! this is not only good for costs, but also taste and nutrition! Eat it when its at its peak!!!!!!!!!!

If you can think of any more tips, share them in the comments for everyone!

RAW FOOD IS CHEAP! Stop making excuses!!!!!!

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What does a "healthy cooked diet" consist of? It almost contradicts itself in the words...

The law of attraction is not new age........ people have been using it since the beginning of time. Perhaps the spread of KNOWLEDGE about it is new age, but it is a universal law that has been around forever. I would agree that the distribution of books and websites ABOUT the law of attraction is VERY new age... but not the LAW itself!!!
Yeah i agree with the more/less healthy cooked foods. I was confused for a second but now i know what you mean. =)

I don't know enough about the law of attraction to debate it like that... I know what you're saying... but I also believe that if those children and those other innocent beings start to think more positively without focusing on the negative situations in their life, they will see results. Most people these days are attracting things by default. They put no thinking in it. Life just happens. But people who use the law of attraction to their advantage will get the benefits such as more positive situations and events. Do you know what I'm sayin?

I don't know what they say about animals and the law of attraction. Humans are different from animals in that we have free will. We have different thinking patterns that allow us to do much more than them. (granted, I do believe we are similar in ways as well, but as far as thinking goes, I think we are on a whole different level. Not sure about this though?)

I am no expert... but these are my feelings towards the subject. No hard feelings any which way. Let me know what you think because I am always up for expanding my mind. Even though I believe in certain things, I keep an open mind at all times and I am open to any ideas.
Definitely.

And I don't know what I feel about the "we are to blame ourselves for our destiny" thing either. All I know are the effects of positive thinking vs. negative thinking and how most people think by default and dont THINK about the WAY they are thinking (woah does that make sense? lol)

I am reading a book now called "Ask and it is Given" and it's really interesting! It talks alot about how we are vibrational beings. I do know that our thoughts vibrate at certain frequencies, which goes along with positive and negative thinking.

But in order for our request to be answered, we have to be vibrating at the same frequency as our thought..... they have to match up or something.

I hope that your dragonfruit thought MANIFESTS!
lol or something... haha
no you are totally onto it! sitting around is okay if you need to gather your thoughts but otherwise its about doing it!!
Good Discussion Ashley.
I remember my sister saying to me once (about smoking) "People will always find money for cigarettes."
That has kind of stuck with me. People will always find money for what they really want (or are addicted to ;) ).

I spend my money on fruit. Sometimes I spend what to most people would be a lot, if I get a box of Durian or a box of fresh Dates. Other times a friend will leave a box of fruit, as a gift, on my doorstep.
So fruit can vary in its monetary cost, but to me the quality is the bottom line.
I love going to the local markets and buying fruit, directly from the growers. I appreciate a lower price but only if the fruit is super good quality as well.

I am fortunate to live where the fruit just grows. When I lived in England, I still was fortunate enough to get good fruit; it just sometimes took more finding.

I do think that the more we are drawn to good fruit then the more it is drawn to us!.

I hope everybody has very fruitful days XX♥
OKAY IM MANIFESTING ...

DURIANS..LOL

NO for real I so believe in the positive vs. negative...right now im reading 'The Power of the Subconcious Mind' it is a really gooooood book!

3a
thats the attitude that will have us climb'n mountains of sweet fruity abundance...

yesterday,i had one dude tell me 'your diet must be way exspensive'. all the while he was sipp'n on organic coffee and eating a 10$ slice of 'organic' cake. me? i got a whole box of cert org bananas for less than his meal. and that box will provide me with 6 meals, all of which will fuel my ultra endurance lifestyle..

fruits and greens have it, and we just cant afford anything else..
Awesome post Ashly!

Yes the lowfat Rawfood lifestyle is cheap!!

All the money we save on doctors visits, surgery, prescriptions, dental, counsellors/therapists- (more fruit can solve this:-), naturopaths & tinctures, herbs and potions, diet books, restaurant/cafe outings.... meaningless material 'stuff' commonly comes with a cooked mentality - simplicity in life & quality communication & contribution becomes more important.....also because this is more than just about food, its a whole lifestyle for me.....saving on petrol (seeing i ride a bike), car servicing, public transport, rego & insurance, housesitting, whoofing....
Heck i used to spend about $10 a day on coffee! & about $100+ a week at least on alcohol
I spent about $130 last week and I held back lol. It's not cheap in winter that's for sure. Nor is the variety of fruit very exciting. This is my first winter eating this way so in time I imagine I will get to know some farmers and find these 'deals' you speak of.
It is my first winter as a raw vegan too.

I used to have the attitude where I was saying "It's not cheap. It's expensive. There is no variety. etc. etc" and then when i started TELLING myself it was cheap and BELIVING IT and MANIFESTING on the thought of cheapness, then everything i went to buy started being on sale and I always got good deals. I dont know farmers... YET... but I am talking freakin GROCERY STORE prices!!! I suggest using creative visualization and telling yourself (and believing) THAT FRUIT IS CHEAP AND IN ABUNANCE AND VARIETY. =)
well I can say that it really depends on where you live to be honest.

Can you share where you live?

I have been able to do it because of my willingness but most won't.

If you came here you wouldn't last to long.

Organic oranges on the low end are 70 cents each here and they are not very big.

Mangoes $3.50 each etc. If they turn ripe you are considered lucky.

Variety in most stores apples, pears, unripe tropical fruit.

You buy them and hope that they will ripen.

Can't begin to tell you how much produce I have thrown out.

It is also about quality and ripeness for many from my experience.

I agree some look for excuses.

But there are some legitmate ones and ones that should be respected.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
17 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubcribed Even More As Funding Demand Jumps #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lXEgcM"
Thursday
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubscribed As Funding Demand Soars 50% Overnight #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2mi7u6d"
Wednesday
"$53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kFdPbI"
Sep 18
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
Sep 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 16
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Sep 14
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Sep 14
Sep 14
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Sep 14
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Sep 12
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service