30 Bananas a Day!

OK here's my dilemma:

I started going  raw in July.  I was never fully raw.  I still ate homemade wheat bread (with 3 ingredients) every once in a while and steamed vegetables sometimes.  However, I notice that my lower belly has been huge!  I gained about 5-6 pounds, mostly in my belly.  It's not only the belly but I've got mad love handles.  I'm 5'9" and 122lbs (dropped from 124lbs).

I get enough sleep and run almost every day for about 20 mins.  I'm doing interval training in an attempt to lose weight and get rid of belly fat.

I come from a history of being very underweight a few years back.  My lowest was 100lbs but that was 4 years ago.  I'm usually about 115.

It's very embarassing.  Not from the weight gain, but from the way my body is shaped.  I've got slim arms and legs and a huge belly.  My body habitus looks like a man's.  If I even have like a grape for breakfast, it still blows up. (not like I do that.  I get the bulk of my calories in the AM unlike my old lifestyle when I used to eat mostly at night).  WHen I wake up, my belly is smaller (but still big) and by night time, it's so big.  I'm not able to button my pants and have to wear sweats or tights.  People think I'm pregnant.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong?  I had this problem even before I went raw (but I was eating a lot of fatty foods and junk)  I thought going raw would make it better but it just exacerbated it perhaps because of all the extra fiber. I don't have cushings and my hormones are normal. My bowel movements are regular.  I pee like a race horse.  Literally over 12 times a day.  I can't go more than an hour without doing a number 1.

Please help! :-(

Views: 4206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mette,

A few things you might try are mono mealing (just eat one type of fruit per meal) and/or careful combining. Some foods are slower to digest than others and you might get a "traffic jam" inside with some gas buildup/bloating as things process. Also, be sure to keep hydrating well. it sounds like you already are! I just know that for me, whenever I feel bloated, if I drink more water, that seems to make the bloating go down more quickly (counter intuitive). Whenever I "stray off the reservation" and eat something salty, I get bloated that day and the next, but clean eating and plenty of water seems to take care of things in a day  or two. From your past undereating, it may take a bit longer for things to even out for you, but they will, hang in there! Here is some stuff I snipped out of the site's FAQ section

<SNIP>

B.  Why newbies get bloating from fruit?
1. Dehydration. Lets ensure we are drinking enough water that our urine comes out clear. Everytime. Weigh yourself first thing and then after exercise and drink the deficit in water. ie: if you drop 3kg from exercise, drink 3 litres before you eat anything and if your dropping that much weight in a couple of hours, then you simply aint drinking enough and will lose motivation soon enough to keep being active. Go out and get some fat pants and or antidepressants, cos eventually youll need em if you keep dehydrating yourself.
2. Long term undereating. Anorexics are the main ones. The gastric system gets stronger with use. When we undereat, our digestion gets weak and bloating gets more full on and then that causes more undereating cos the person doesnt feel well and the problem gets worse. Only way out is to start forcing in the fruit calories gently. Gently FORCE the fruit in. See it in a zen sort of way. :)
3. Combo abombo's. We eat nut pate for dinner and then want something sweet afterwards cos we simply didnt eat enough fruit that day or the day before or even the week before. So we put fruit on top and wonder why we feel it and then we blame the fruit. Eat mono meals. Big ones and on a hydrated system. Drink your water before you meals. Leave at least 10 minutes and then chow down. Your body will love you for it.
4. You know your doing the right things when your eating so much food you go to bed pregnant and wake up and you can almost feel your spine your stomach feels so concave.
5. When we eat enough, our stomach should be pregnant, cos if its not big n round after a meal, you simply aint eating enough.The magic thing with high water content foods like bananas, mango, grapes, blended dates is that they are mostly water by volume so the budda belly goes down in a few hours ready for the next meal. If it were animal product or cooked food, it would not go down hence all the big bellies around town that NEVER go down in the morning.
This might freak an anorexic mindset, but do you want health or to subscribe to some fashion belief that you must starve yourself so your stomach is dead flat 24/7? May as well wear heels or a suit to bed incase the papparazzi break in and take a photo of us..
6. Patience. Do the above and expect the flatest stomach of your life. Those that dont experience it are simply doing something else on the side. And thats fine, this path aint for everyone.
By Durianrider.

</SNIP>

Re: exercising, I find that I don't really get warmed up and going until 20-30 minutes in. It's tough if I'm pressed for time, but I am trying to make time So I can get 30-40 minutes in. Interval training is intense, so I'm sure you can get a great workout in in 20 minutes doing that, at least from my forays into HIIT training, but for some reason I like an easier, longer pace myself. But anyway, yeah when I do 40+ minutes of sweaty cardio, that helps me keep from feeling bloated too. A lot of people on here are much more accomplished athletes than I am, I bet some will chime in with helpful exercise tips.

But aside from the bloated feeling, how are you feeling? Have you got fruity bliss? Is your energy level up? I would focus on the things that are going right from how you are eating and hang in there. I know it can be sort of disheartening if you are eating clean and feeling fat, but it will work out and you'll feel great!

BTW, from your profile pic, you look great! I can't believe that 10 or even 20 lbs would make you look like a man. I do realize how bad an extra 10 - 20 lbs can feel though, but hang in there, keep getting in the fruity calories to fuel awesome workouts and you will be right as rain. :)

Thanks!  Your comment was really encouraging! I think I'm going to keep referring to it when I start feeling down or when I can't fit into my pants. lol.

The profile pic is from when I was just a cooked vegan.  I gained about 7 pounds mostly in my belly after that once I started to eat more raw fruits.

I'm glad :) Well hit me up any time, I am so happy to encourage you!

You can totally do it and you are totally worth and worthy of your effort!

i definitely have the same problem, and it used to really piss me off! but then i was like why the hell do i care??? i'm getting healthier, happier and fitter  everyday...who cares if i have a bit of a gut right now, when in the longterm i am going to look AMAZING and never have to worry about being overweight

i know i abused my body pretty badly in the past and it is going to take a little bit longer to be fully healed, but it is definitely getting there, so for now i'm trusting it to do it's thing

if you worry about it too much you might start restricting calories to keep the weight off, and this is only going to make things worse and it will take even longer for your body to correct the damage when you decide to do the healthy thing again

just keep up the good work!

hehe, I'm so glad it's not just me.  I kept reading everyone's testimonials on this site and have seen people go from being morbidly obese to toothpick thin.  I started thinking...is it me or what?  But you're right, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Honestly, i do eat more then 4 kgs of food everyday. More then a kg of veggies, usually a couple if you include veggie fruits. So where do that food goes? Gorillas have huge bellies :P, and thats the food they eat everyday, that is passing throught their sistem.

I do practice 811 for almost 5 years, and have a little belly, even more after dinner. Its normal i would say, but may not be if we compare ourselves with cooked food eaters. We dou things way different, so we get different results.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/32A0ORD"
Saturday
"Shocking News about Salem Media and the CIA #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2xTX7bz"
Friday
"Iran Offers Nuclear Deal If US Lifts Sanctions; Oil Tumbles #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JPO80q"
Thursday
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
Thursday
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Jul 16
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Jul 15
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Jul 15
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 15
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service