30 Bananas a Day!

racer bike, carbon light comfortable, any suggestions?

I am thinking of getting a racer bike, which must be much lighter, little faster and more comfortable to ride. My recent bike is Scott Sub 10, the early edition, made of heavy aluminium frame, quite uncomfortable to ride. I use my bike often not least to bring heavy juicy fruits from the far away food stores-:)

I know that there is almost no limit to how expensive a quality carbon bike is priced, but I am looking to the price range not too high, as I am far from going pro...:-) However, I am looking for better quality compared to what I have now.

I have been eying at 2012 Trek Madone 3.5 or 4.7, but I know there are other interesting models from other brands, including Scott. I am not that informed of all the supply alternatives yet, but I do not want to just pay extra for a brand label only, I have also considered buying an assembled bike with hand picked quality components...

Any suggestions? 

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Justin,

I recently bought a Specialized Allez Sport and I'm very happy with it!

I don't know your price range, but this is the best road bike under $1000, it's 990msrp, but now you can get the 2012 model on sale, i got it for 850 because the 2013 models are coming out already.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/best-road-bikes-under-1000-32...

I don't think it's worth to get carbon for the few grams, unless you're a pro racer, that's what DR says too.

Hi Rawbert,

Thanks, I will check out this alternative.

Spend $200 - $300 dollars and get properly fit for your frame and each of your bicycle components. The shop that fits you should give suggestions for the best components that are within your budget, or at least you'll have the right data so you will know what ones to search for.

Once you know what all your components are, commission a custom built frame and search the internet (ebay is great) for the correct components that are within your budget range. If you can't afford custom carbon fiber frame, a lighter weight custom aluminum may be your only option. I'm not sure of your budget, but Phil Webb will make a custom bamboo road frame for about $1200 dollars (after shipping). I have a photo of his finished product in my gallery. DR rides one too. I'm sure this is more expensive than a custom aluminum frame, but probably cheaper than a custom carbon fiber. 

You may end up spending more getting a custom bicycle set up for you, but it will be miles more comfortable and increase your enjoyment with riding.

Even if it's more than your budget allows, if you have the credit to get a loan and make monthly payments, it's worth it if you're serious about riding regularly. 

Hi Universal Mind,

Wow, didn't even imagine that bamboo can be used as well to build decent bikes:-) 

Very interesting option, natural material, durable, light, aesthetic.

Yes, one of my options is to check out a custom carbon fiber frame, and a custom bamboo road frame is very interesting alternative.

How will you compare the bamboo versus carbon fiber frame in regards to chock absorption, weight and durability? 

Do you own one of these bamboo bikes and/or can tell more?

My idea with getting a carbon fiber frame is not only due to its lightness in weight, but specially due to its chock and vibration absorption, reduction, damping... This feature is decisive for a more "comfortable" ride, specially if the road surface is not perfectly smooth, which is where I usually ride.

With this upgrade, I am looking to improve the comfort and feel of riding (and speed), which will make me to want ride way more than I 've done so far...;-)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
yesterday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Sunday
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Sunday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Friday
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service