30 Bananas a Day!

Hi Everyone--

I want to give Rt4 a serious go and wanted to get some advice from those of you who have been doing it for awhile.

I was vegetarian for 20+ years, and I've been vegan for 3 1/2.  I haven't eaten raw, but the idea of Rt4 appeals to me.

Questions:

1)  I am a busy mom of 3 -- two daughters and a son (I am nursing him still--mostly overnight when he's looking for the snack bar--ha!).  I exercise moderately 3-4 times a week -- mostly walking on the bike trail or taking a spinning class.  How many calories do you think I should aim for daily?

2)  I've never been officially diagnosed with hypoglycemia, but I am sugar-sensitive.  Does anyone have suggestions for a filling breakfast that will stay with me through the morning?  Whenever I have smoothies or just fruit, I feel like I am missing something, and I get a grumbly tummy an hour or two after eating -- maybe I'm not eating enough...

3)  Do any parents out there have general advice/tips to share?

I am excited to have found a local produce wholesaler that sells organics, so I think that this lifestyle may be affordable for me as well-added bonus.  Also, I do love my carbs!  Unfortunately, while I was vegetarian, I was eating all of the wrong things--pizza, bread, mac and cheese, etc.  I've been eating fairly clean since going vegan--I tend to do a Forks Over Knives-style diet.  

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Cheers,

Leigh

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reading through these links carefully will answer many of your questions:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/notes/Aloha_to_30BaD%27s_Welcome_Wagon%21

We recommend at least  2500 cals daily for ladies.  There's nothing that takes more energy than parenting, so this is a minimum.  Shoot for 10 grams carbs per pound of bodyweight.

Many folks starting out just aren't used to consuming the sort of volume in fresh produce that this requires.  That's ok, you're ability to eat enough will increase with time.  Just eat what you desire, then just a bit more, which will increase over time.  Track your cals on a site like Chronometer for objective data.

So maybe your morning brekky needs to be bigger.  of course, there's nothing wrong with eating again a couple hours later.  Eat more to live more we like to say.  

If you feel like you need a bit more grounded feeling, you can add some tender lettuce type greens even to the fruit smoothie.  

this discussion about kids is recent and may be helpful to you:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/raw-till-4-chiildren

Thanks, Windlord.  I've been eating McDougall-style this week and am hoping to ease into more raw foods next week.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service