30 Bananas a Day!

hello! this is hinako from tokyo. i am new to this site and this is my first post. 

can people share with me your thoughts and knowledge on this topic?

i do not sleep well if i don't eat right before i go to bed. and i need to eat till i am quite full. what happens otherwise...? well, i fall asleep and wake up in less than 1 hour or 2. and then if i try to fall asleep then, i keep waking up in less than 2 hours continuously, and end up eating in the middle of the night to sleep better. 

i sleep soundly if i go to bed full stomach, but my stomach often feels very ill when i wake up (sometimes it does not, so maybe depending on what i eat... i am not sure). 

and i usually have a better bowel movement if i eat just before bed. 

it is often said that it is good to go to bed with empty stomach to rest your digestive system. 

should i eat right before bed and then start the first meal in the following day late, like in 12 hours, to give my system a break ?

i tried to "curb up" during the day, but when several hours pass by before i go to bed, the same thing happened anyway. should calculate the time to go to bed and eat maybe just 2 hours before?

i am starting my one-week banana island, my first one, tomorrow. is it ok to eat bananas in the middle of the night if i wake up??

thank you for reading this and i am looking forward to hearing from you!

hinako 

Views: 627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Start your day with a quart of water then try and eat a 1500- 2000calorie breakfast after your morning sport. You won't want to eat so much and so late at night. :)

I will eat late at night if I have to but prefer fast digesting foods like banana smoothie/datorade. 

Best is to eat a solid high calorie fruit breakfast within 60-90mins of waking.

wow, thank you!

ok, i will try that. 

i am starting my banana island tomorrow. 

for the breakfast within 60-90 minutes of waking, which should i prioritise, eating solid food or getting 1500-2000 calories? i cannot eat that many calories worth of bananas yet unless i make them into smoothie. or do you mean to keep eating throughout the morning till i get 1500 calories? 

thank you so much! 

hinako

Welcome to 30BaD! :)

Yes eat smoothies if needed, they are great!  Eat all day long as needed to get in those calories.  Stick with high calorie fruits for now, you will be able to eat more volume in a week or two.

thank you! i only have bananas and dates anyway for now. 

how many hours prior to sleeping would you recommend?

Hi Hinako.

I think you gotta fix that habit first and foremost. I am telling you because i have done those patterns before too and had really really hard time. What happens if you keep eating a lot and go to bed right away, you will be vulnerable to reflux esophagitis. In your esophagitis, there is a door to block the amount of food you ate and normally it should be closed. But if you eat something quite a lot and lie on your bed right away the food you ate goes up reversely in your throat and the door is opened. No problem if you do that once or twice but doing that constantly you will feel nausea, and will not want to eat anything which in worst case you need to go to a doctor like i did. Don't get my message wrong though. I am not saying eating a lot is the problem. It is okay to eat as much as you want but try to fix that bad habit for your body. I kind of got serious here haha but it is SO OKAY if you keep follow this lifestyle and go to bed at least an hour or two after eating. Hope this helps :)

can you tell me how you fixed your habit? it is difficult because i go days without sleeping well at all and it is truely exhausting. my body starts to feel  really heavy and just extremely tired. and if i start falling asleep during the day, i sleep so well, but then my day and night switches, which is a disaster. 

but first, i will try what dorianrider suggested, which is eating 1500 calories or more of breakfast within 90 minutes of waking. this will probably work! 

thank you for sharing your experience!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
16 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service