30 Bananas a Day!

Pros

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The grounds were beautiful

2. Loren knows about fasting

3. The people I met were very nice and the vibe was good.

4. The lectures were helpful

5. Loren helped with me with my detox

6. The weather was nice most of the time 80f sunny and raining sometimes.

7. The housekeepers were of good service

8. The views were fantastic

9. The natural beauty was spectaclar

10. The air was very clean and amazing

11. It was very affordable

12. The water was pure and excellent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The place was dated

2. The sheets and comforters were stained

3. The staff was treated poorly

4. Loren told me that he had no wi fi when in fact he did and he said it caused cancer

5. I paid for the ride to and from the airport and thought it would be included

6. Loren talked badly about other health leaders and said he knew for a fact about personal things about them and I found them not to be true.

7. The beds were too hard

8. The walls were paper thin and you could hear every word your neighbors would say

9. Internet was very expensive, he charges per minute 10 cents which I thought was crazy

10. Lights out at 8:30 pm on the grounds

11. The weight scale was dated and was not really accurate for reading fat and hydration

12. The Library had no books on health and had old novels and old magazines and was small with a small selection.

13. Loren told us all about his financial problems and I found it to be unprofessional

14. I felt as though I was getting Island Fever and felt trapped at times.

15. The fruit after re feeding was not ripe and not very tasty

16  Not every room had warm showers

17. Mosquitoes, spiders, scorpions, snakes were on the grounds and Gekos that were very noisey at night

18. A lot of outside noise from the neighbors at times and dogs barking in the middle of the night. Bring your earplugs!

I hope that one day these corrections will be made by Loren So things will be more comfortable in the future.

Views: 14125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree..what would you do if you had bout a 5 week package and then e moved the center? And now he won't even honor the 5 weeks as he got upset with me for wanting to see pictures of it that I waited for 3 months for and because I shared my concern with him about the article you wrote.

http://durianrider.org/2011/02/20/loren-lockman-con-man-or-helpful/

A mutual friend of mine and Loren's gave me this link that you maybe interested in posting on..

Though I have never been to Tanglewood, I have met Loren Lockman. It was actually only a few weeks ago. I was at Farmer's Market gathering signatures for my local LABEL GMOs campaign for California. We talked and he invited me to a class about health and nutrition and fasting. So I went. At this point, I did not know how well-known he is. Though he seems like a nice man with very good intentions and excellent ideas, I could sense an attachment to ego and even some fear...I'm not sure I would ever feel comfortable in a fasting facility with someone like that. I feel there would be too much at risk. Nevertheless, he was the one that turned me back onto raw foodism and the frugivore lifestyle, so I'm grateful.

Victoria is right. Panama WAS beautiful. I had been there twice because of how beautiful it was. I had 5 weeks coming to me. I am not a fan of the way he coaches, verbal abuse or child like by not speaking but I can tolerate him for the price in short increments. I chose to go back as I got a discounted price, so I thought as I was buying a package from a student that he would not refund and she DESPERATELY needed the $ for college. I was breaking the package into 2 weeks this year and 3 next year.  Even bought my plane ticket as I was never told of the move and his response to me buying the ticket was why I would do that without talking to him first. My response was, why would I not buy it as you have told me you owned the land and never mentioned anything about you getting evicted. I had a year to use the plane ticket. I also chose to buy the package and do a trade with him based on going to Tanglwood, not a start up fasting center in Costa Rica  which i was told by him that is in a hotel where it is noisy and may have construction going on. Again taking no responsibility for not informing those of us that had bought a package of his move. 

He is a fantastic sales man and when he is talking to you Francesca, I hate to say this, but he is thinking, how can I get a date with this woman or how can I convince her that she needs to come to my retreat. His motives are rarely pure. I was a big follower of his for years. I had no idea when I let him stay at my house, provided all his fruit, drove him all over and set up a speaking engagement for him that he was stealing from me at the same time behind my back. It is just gross. The package I bought from the student was so that she could go to college and he told me that he was going to pay her immediately from $ he just received and for me to pay him $ to his pay pal account. He did not say I had to pay him immediately but I paid him with in about 2 months via pay pal. I am on SSI and only get about $1000 a month. In the mean time, I think the student is paid and in college. But he had not only not paid her but he is sending her e mails telling her all of these excuses as to why he had not paid her the $, telling her that it was because I had not paid him! She sent me all of his e mails. Then when I share my concern about him after reading Victoria's Hazordous report, this is his response, "What seems most shocking to me is that you've known me for several years, have spent a fair amount of time with me, and are still judging me based on the writing of strangers? What have you experienced? Have I not worked hard to help you and every other person at the center? Am I not personable and respectful and intelligent and honest? " he sends me this BEFORE I had even realized that he had stolen my $..he also told the student that he and I were friends, which makes it even worse thinking this and being ok to deceive a person that he considers a friend. People that can lie without any conscience really scare me. 

I too saw him when he was in CA. I happened to be there at the same time. I never stay for the speaking part as I get sick watching him think that all of these people think he is "it" and I am always afraid that people would ask me about my experience at the retreat and I would not want to hurt his business by telling the truth so I left before the talk was over.

Oh my goodness. I read the story about the college student who wasn't refunded her money. Yikes! 

So my senses didn't fail me about him. In the class we had really interesting discussions, and the information was beneficial to me. But actually, I did sense something dark, strange about him, as nice as he was. I often thought he was flirting with me (and I'm 22). 

It is so nice to have you all in this community to share your experiences and stories. I was considering interning for him down there, but that is no longer an option for me. 

Cia, I'm so sorry you had to endure that and have your money stolen!

Yep. That would be me. You know when you feel the flirty vibe? I felt it hard core. 

You did an internship with him! Well you are most definitely a primary source here. Were there any benefits for you, doing this internship?

I ALMOST did the internship but I was throwing up bile on days 12, 13, 14 as my roommate was crawling to the bathroom having diarrhea. it was so disgusting. I had to get Loren in the middle of the night as I was so worried about myself and my roommate. Both of us were so dehydrated. I stopped after 14 days as I knew this had now reached an unhealthy point. I had fasted 17 days in the past. Anyway, since I did not complete the 21 day fast, Loren was very nasty to me and would not let me do the internship..this was such a blessing..I could not wait to get out of there and the ones that stayed, I can put you in touch with as they said that it was very flawed. Also, the first time I fasted, another intern left as she had a major problem with him and you could actually hear them fighting. Not fun to hear on your 3rd day at a retreat, fasting for the first time. 2 interns that I have talked too were very deficient in minerals from following his diet and one girl actually passed out for months after she left the Internship. If you go, just get an open ended ticket incase you have to leave early. I have always done that when I went there..but also, he no longer has Tanglewood so I have no idea what his set is at his new place is, but I would find a more reputable place to go to. A person that has to keep moving from place to place should be a red flag to anyone..if you read some info on the internet, there are reasons he left MD, and he did not leave Panama willingly, he had too! BIG RED FLAG..and as far as ever being in a relationship with him, I can't even imagine. The thought is repulsive. The woman would have to be young because a strong mature woman would not put up with his BS for a minute..

The earrings don't help with having to 2nd guess the sexuality..interesting what you say about the half truths as I saw this quote on Facebook yesterday. "Never forget that a half truth is a whole lie". It it made me think of Loren. I was tempted to post it on the "Friends of natural Hygiene" group on FB where I posted my ripoff report which someone that is part of the group suggested that I did. It caused quite a stir. Instead of Loren addressing the issue and acknowledging the fact that he had stolen my $ and forced the college student to have to drop out of school, all he talks about is his hardships, how he helps so many others, and how smart he thinks he is..I was really embarrassed for him for this posting. There is nothing more of a turn off than someone tooting their own horn. Truly accomplished people do not have to do this as their actions speak for them self. This one woman mentioned that she was still going to go to his retreat. At first I was going to comment but then I have to remember  that I too was a fan of his as my first fasting experience was very positive. My first impression of him was good to, so I do understand where these people are coming from. At the time I went, there was a woman named Ruth that was basically running the show. She was smart, attractive, and very nurturing and really added to the environment. Unfortunately, she quit and of course not a amicable parting. But if you have a brief encounter with him, and agree with him, and do not get ripped off by him, or verbally accosted, I can see how he can come across very likable. Unfortunately, that was not the case with me. It has been a real lesson. If I were to go t a retreat again, I would not go to one that has good and bad reviews as to me that is like a 50/50 chance of it going one way or another and not a risk I would take again with such a high cost involved. I did look at other places and told Loren, and he shot down each and every one of them telling me all the cons and why his was the best and again I fell for it but mainly I liked the fact that I knew what to expect and I did think it was pretty but the place is gone now and I am out over $2400! I have talked to law enforcement so even if I do not get my $ back, they are helping me with trying to make sure this does not happen to anyone else. Very well written rip off report!!

why do psychologists go so hard against non violence you could imagine not doing diagnosis or criticism or interpretation or moral judgement but being in touch with the needs behind feelings.

yes the courts use this profession to take the rights of people away. its a industry that pushes poisonous medication and well you deny allot of humanity by writing in this 'jackal speak'

Just wanted to let you know my latest experience with loren lockman. To whom it may concern, this is one of the latest updates on this man and his center. I'm the student cited on this article....and yes I lost my money as well! It's almost 9 months now I've been trying to get a hold of this guy but it wasn't until things were made public that he came up with a bible long email explaining why he was missing with a lot of crap. I wonder why we still do a search on google on his name but none of the bad stuff comes out. We need to inform people about this guy. 

If anyone else bought a package for Tanglewood in Panama, not knowing that they had moved or were going to move, please let us know as I would like to talk to you..thanks.

Cynthia Allf - https://www.facebook.com/cynthiaallf
Maria Estela - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507793929

Read the article posted below.

Loren Lockman Bait & Switched Locations of the retreat and then did not honor the fasting package I had purchased and trade agreement.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/healthcare-centers/loren-lockman/loren-...

Just wanted to let you know my latest experience with loren lockman. To whom it may concern, this is one of the latest updates on this man and his center. I'm the student cited on this article....and yes I lost my money as well! It's almost 9 months now I've been trying to get a hold of this guy but it wasn't until things were made public that he came up with a bible long email explaining why he was missing with a lot of crap. I wonder why we still do a search on google on his name but none of the bad stuff comes out. We need to inform people about this guy. 

If anyone else bought a package for Tanglewood in Panama, not knowing that they had moved or were going to move, please let us know as I would like to talk to you..thanks.

Cynthia Allf - https://www.facebook.com/cynthiaallf
Maria Estela - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507793929

Read the article posted below.

Loren Lockman Bait & Switched Locations of the retreat and then did not honor the fasting package I had purchased and trade agreement.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/healthcare-centers/loren-lockman/loren-...

I contacted the police about my situation of Loren taking the money that did not belong to him. They told me to contact the fraud department of Pay Pal since that is how I paid. They did an investigation and I got $900 of the $1200 plus that he owed me. Unfortunately, I paid the rest to him in cash and trade. So the story gets better. A few weeks ago my aol account gets hacked and then today, I get a message from FB saying that someone was trying to access my account from a place that was out of the ordinary..they showed me the location and it was from Costa Rica! Interesting is the fact that I used the same pass code to make a purchase on the Tanglewood website as the ones on both of the accounts that were hacked...hmmmm? Be sooo careful when choosing a fasting retreat as there are some that are posing to be legit that are not!! I also just talked to a girl that fasted 4 times last year and she was anorexic and now her health is really screwed up and metabolism. You have to wonder about a retreat leader that would take someone on that has already fasted 4 times in one year and is anorexic. Makes you wonder if it is about caring for someone's health or if it is about the retreat  making money! She is 5' 5" and started the fast at 99 lbs and got down to 75lbs!!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
5 hours ago
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service