30 Bananas a Day!

Pros

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The grounds were beautiful

2. Loren knows about fasting

3. The people I met were very nice and the vibe was good.

4. The lectures were helpful

5. Loren helped with me with my detox

6. The weather was nice most of the time 80f sunny and raining sometimes.

7. The housekeepers were of good service

8. The views were fantastic

9. The natural beauty was spectaclar

10. The air was very clean and amazing

11. It was very affordable

12. The water was pure and excellent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The place was dated

2. The sheets and comforters were stained

3. The staff was treated poorly

4. Loren told me that he had no wi fi when in fact he did and he said it caused cancer

5. I paid for the ride to and from the airport and thought it would be included

6. Loren talked badly about other health leaders and said he knew for a fact about personal things about them and I found them not to be true.

7. The beds were too hard

8. The walls were paper thin and you could hear every word your neighbors would say

9. Internet was very expensive, he charges per minute 10 cents which I thought was crazy

10. Lights out at 8:30 pm on the grounds

11. The weight scale was dated and was not really accurate for reading fat and hydration

12. The Library had no books on health and had old novels and old magazines and was small with a small selection.

13. Loren told us all about his financial problems and I found it to be unprofessional

14. I felt as though I was getting Island Fever and felt trapped at times.

15. The fruit after re feeding was not ripe and not very tasty

16  Not every room had warm showers

17. Mosquitoes, spiders, scorpions, snakes were on the grounds and Gekos that were very noisey at night

18. A lot of outside noise from the neighbors at times and dogs barking in the middle of the night. Bring your earplugs!

I hope that one day these corrections will be made by Loren So things will be more comfortable in the future.

Views: 14105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I can confirm that Doug has 2 people per room. It wouldnt be possible to have 5 per room as the rooms are only large enough for 2 beds. I don't know if Doug eats cooked food as I have never stalked him to find out, but he has great skin and the most pleasant smelling breath ever, so I find it hard to believe. And we definately were't refed with bananas. We did eat bananas, for sure, but only after a few days on watermelon. We only ate bananas for lunch meals, and even then it wasnt every meal. We often ate mangoes for lunch and were allowed papaya (but I couldn't eat papaya at the time as the smell made me bawk).

It is unfortunate that Loren is so fixated on Doug. Regardless of what he thinks of Doug, it is he who is responsible for his own successes and failures. He is obviously just not prepared to accept responsibility for his own life and his own choices. It is a shame, because I find Loren to be such an articulate writer. I have always enjoyed his posts, because he writes in a very clear, fluid fashion. Obviously there are parts of him that are clearly very brilliant and filled with potential, and yet he holds himself back with the parts that are clearly not quite so developed. I hope that with time his is able to overcome these obstacles.

Take care

Adam x

yes..i agree adam..he is a terrific writer...but his behavior at times dont jive with what he writes or preeches...i really do love what loren teaches and i love that he promotes a lfrv lifestyle...but wished i had only had seen that sweet side to him...unfortunately that was not the case

Just for the record, I bet I know where Loren got the idea of 5 to a room.  Doug used to have his fasting retreat and walking tour of Costa Rica in Uvita at a "hotel" that had 2 cabinas for the clients.  I was there for the walking tour a few years ago.  And each cabina had 1 large sleeping room and 1 bathroom.  And yes, there were 5 to a room.  So there ya go.  By the way, it was very sweet and we were like a family.  But I do think some people were initially surprised at the sleeping arrangements.  It was like being at camp.

The food was AWESOME.  Doug went to a lot of trouble to procure the very best quality organic produce around.  Just like Adam says, we had bananas for lunch sometimes, but there was mostly mangoes, melon, papayas, oranges, mamey, etc.

Yeah, there were scorpions, reptiles, and noisy howler monkeys!  But hey, that's the price of living in paradise!

And there was some human drama, for sure.  Sigh.  It was like Survivor.  Any time you get a bunch of peeps together, something is going to happen!  

Stay away from humans.  ; )

Stay away from humans. :)

LOL

"it was like Survivor." 

LOL!
did you have nets to sleep under?
yes but I never used them I tied them up above my bed
Adam, Always good to hear from you. I am glad you remember bits from your fast. Please know that things have changed at Rio, a lot, and all for the better. Technology has made its way up the hill, so we have open Wi-Fi now, at good speed. The driveway is paved, as are many paths, and big areas of tall grassland have been replaced with orchards, all of which has hugely reduced the insect and spider issues. More overgrown area was cleared, and covered vegetable gardens have been built. We pick a lot of our own food daily here now. Overall, Rio just keeps getting better, every year, and is committed to continuing to do so, or I wouldn't still be here.

It sounds paradisiacal.

I hope I can join you someday :)

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

Take Care,

AWESOME THREAD

read the whole thing and found it very eye opening

thanks victoria!

keep up w the truth :)

you got it Ted...it always feels better when I speak my truth:)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
8 minutes ago
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
55 minutes ago
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
1 hour ago
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
1 hour ago
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
yesterday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7
"Financial Crisis at PMC - India Leaves Thousands Crying For Their Money! Bank Runs Lead To Withdrawal Limits #truth http://j.mp/2oiRdPW"
Oct 7
"Economic Collapse News - The Fed Extends Repo Operations Through Nov, Retail Job Cuts 2019 #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35exba7"
Oct 7
"Economic Collapse News - The Fed Extends Repo Operations Through Nov, Retail Job Cuts 2019 #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35exba7"
Oct 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service