1. The grounds were beautiful
2. Loren knows about fasting
3. The people I met were very nice and the vibe was good.
4. The lectures were helpful
5. Loren helped with me with my detox
6. The weather was nice most of the time 80f sunny and raining sometimes.
7. The housekeepers were of good service
8. The views were fantastic
9. The natural beauty was spectaclar
10. The air was very clean and amazing
11. It was very affordable
12. The water was pure and excellent
1. The place was dated
2. The sheets and comforters were stained
3. The staff was treated poorly
4. Loren told me that he had no wi fi when in fact he did and he said it caused cancer
5. I paid for the ride to and from the airport and thought it would be included
6. Loren talked badly about other health leaders and said he knew for a fact about personal things about them and I found them not to be true.
7. The beds were too hard
8. The walls were paper thin and you could hear every word your neighbors would say
9. Internet was very expensive, he charges per minute 10 cents which I thought was crazy
10. Lights out at 8:30 pm on the grounds
11. The weight scale was dated and was not really accurate for reading fat and hydration
12. The Library had no books on health and had old novels and old magazines and was small with a small selection.
13. Loren told us all about his financial problems and I found it to be unprofessional
14. I felt as though I was getting Island Fever and felt trapped at times.
15. The fruit after re feeding was not ripe and not very tasty
16 Not every room had warm showers
17. Mosquitoes, spiders, scorpions, snakes were on the grounds and Gekos that were very noisey at night
18. A lot of outside noise from the neighbors at times and dogs barking in the middle of the night. Bring your earplugs!
I hope that one day these corrections will be made by Loren So things will be more comfortable in the future.
Well I can confirm that Doug has 2 people per room. It wouldnt be possible to have 5 per room as the rooms are only large enough for 2 beds. I don't know if Doug eats cooked food as I have never stalked him to find out, but he has great skin and the most pleasant smelling breath ever, so I find it hard to believe. And we definately were't refed with bananas. We did eat bananas, for sure, but only after a few days on watermelon. We only ate bananas for lunch meals, and even then it wasnt every meal. We often ate mangoes for lunch and were allowed papaya (but I couldn't eat papaya at the time as the smell made me bawk).
It is unfortunate that Loren is so fixated on Doug. Regardless of what he thinks of Doug, it is he who is responsible for his own successes and failures. He is obviously just not prepared to accept responsibility for his own life and his own choices. It is a shame, because I find Loren to be such an articulate writer. I have always enjoyed his posts, because he writes in a very clear, fluid fashion. Obviously there are parts of him that are clearly very brilliant and filled with potential, and yet he holds himself back with the parts that are clearly not quite so developed. I hope that with time his is able to overcome these obstacles.
Just for the record, I bet I know where Loren got the idea of 5 to a room. Doug used to have his fasting retreat and walking tour of Costa Rica in Uvita at a "hotel" that had 2 cabinas for the clients. I was there for the walking tour a few years ago. And each cabina had 1 large sleeping room and 1 bathroom. And yes, there were 5 to a room. So there ya go. By the way, it was very sweet and we were like a family. But I do think some people were initially surprised at the sleeping arrangements. It was like being at camp.
The food was AWESOME. Doug went to a lot of trouble to procure the very best quality organic produce around. Just like Adam says, we had bananas for lunch sometimes, but there was mostly mangoes, melon, papayas, oranges, mamey, etc.
Yeah, there were scorpions, reptiles, and noisy howler monkeys! But hey, that's the price of living in paradise!
And there was some human drama, for sure. Sigh. It was like Survivor. Any time you get a bunch of peeps together, something is going to happen!
Stay away from humans. ; )
Stay away from humans. :)
It sounds paradisiacal.
I hope I can join you someday :)
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.
read the whole thing and found it very eye opening
keep up w the truth :)