30 Bananas a Day!

Hey fruity friends!

Do you have any advice/experiences with probiotic supplements (or other, natural sources) for rebalancing gut flora?

Has Dr. Graham ever talked about this issue?

I've had a long history of anti-biotics usage and could really use some healing guidance! Thanks!

With love, DJ

Views: 1402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm with you, Rawbert.  Buddha used to eat cow dung all the time when he was unsuccessful on his begging rounds.  Lots of people apparently eat cow dung.  Otherwise how is it that we so frequently get warnings about people dying from eating fresh spinach, lettuce or greens?  It's probably not the fresh lettuce that produces E-coli, it's the cow dung on the fresh lettuce that didn't get washed off!

But I have a better idea.  At least it seems so to me....  Hang on to your seats, folks...I eat fermented veggies!  In fact, I make my own fermented veggies! 

It's easy enough.  I put some reverse-osmosis filtered water and a little salt in a large pickle jar, then dice some veggies and mash them down tightly enough that none of them show above the surface of the water.  Then I put the lid on the jar and push it to the back of the drainboard.

In a week I see bubbles in the jar, which means that there are bacteria working on the veggies.  The second week I scoop some of the veggies out and add them to my salad.

In fact, I once started a thread titled, "Does anyone eat rotting food?" and explained how I make fermented veggies--and it was removed by the censors! 

Now that I read this conversation about eating people-poop and cow dung, I wonder what was so "tasteless" about my thread labeled "Does anyone eat rotting food?"  Eating fermented veggies, like kim chee, saurkraut, or any kind of veggie that will rot is much tastier than eating people-poop or cow dung!  Just put it in a jar and let it rot for a week and, voila!  You have probiotic veggies!

That's why I said 'from a healthy individual' lol!

Have them do a stool test for parasites first.

I've read Dr. Doug say on vegsource to just provide the right conditions for the right bacteria balance, (i.e. 811 lifestyle), and the right balance will happen.  In my experience with probiotics they are all dead on arrival, you can test them by putting them in hydrogen peroxide and see if they bubble.  I recently tested whole foods brand, jarrow and some other highly recommended brand, all refrigerated and expensive.  I wouldn't waste my money with pro-biotics.  Instead I would do the 811 lifestyle 100% with lots of extra sleep and rest for a week and see if things improve.

Thanks guys for all your responses!

Mmm not too sure about eating poop (though kind of makes sense in theory!)  :)

Was wondering whether there are any particular foods (especially fruits) that are best for building up the flora? (I've heard that bananas are good due to their FOS content, though I'm sensitive to them right now.)

With love, DJ

Boosting Good Bacteria in the Colon Without Probiotics

Certain good bacteria in our gut can turn the fiber we eat into an anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer compound called butyrate that we absorb back into our system. We may be able to boost the number of butyrate-producing bacteria by eating a plant-based diet.

The post Boosting Good Bacteria in the Colon Without Probiotics appeared first on NutritionFacts.org.

Read More
share on Twitter Like Boosting Good Bacteria in the Colon Without Probiotics on Facebook

Aug 28, 2012 06:23 am | Michael Greger M.D.

Fawning Over Flora

The good bacteria in our gut can digest the fiber we eat and turn it into an anti-obesity compound called propionate that we absorb back into our system.

The post Fawning Over Flora appeared first on NutritionFacts.org.

Read More
share on Twitter Like Fawning Over Flora on Facebook

This is awesome, thank you!

Really interesting about the butyrate! :)

Much love, DJ

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump knocks Mueller out of the ring #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UCShJb"
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Sunday
Laticia Gibson is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"You’re Not Dying – It’s the Schumann Resonance! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2HuGyZu"
Mar 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 11
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
Mar 10
"Q - The Plan To Save The World REMASTERED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2TjAGtr"
Mar 7
Profile IconPedro Ceron and Jacob Young joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 4
Mar 4
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Mar 3
Avi commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
Mar 1
Profile IconAvi and Joyce joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 28
"WHY? Massive Blasts Hitting Earth Continually w/ Dani Arnold-McKenny #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2To6VHf"
Feb 27
Feb 26
Profile IconTara nuru and Jami joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 25

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service