30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys! So, I'm back. I've posted a few discussions on this topic in the past, so I apologize for pestering y'all about it again, but I'm hoping that someone will know enough about the subject to know what might be going on, and that maybe there are others that could benefit from this discussion.

The Backstory: (If you've seen my previous posts and know me pretty well, you can skip this part)

At this point, I've been LFRV for almost three years now, eating 2800-3500 calories per day (it's varied depending on the point in my life, my activity level/intensity), and currently eating in that range. I went LFRV after a severe eating disorder that I developed at 14 and which I recovered from with a combination of inpatient treatment (hospitalization, inpatient therapy, intense feeding -- they had a terribly hard time getting me to gain weight), and LFRV, which finally allowed me to keep up my weight. Since the disorder's onset, I've gradually increased my weight from 83 lbs to around 120-125 lbs at 5'6'' (not sure--haven't set foot on a scale since I left for Austin this past summer, but I'm absolutely sure that I've gained at least five or ten pounds from my 115 lbs). Currently, I attend university for architecture, so--although I would normally get at least eight or nine hours of sleep--that amount is pretty variable at the moment. Food is a bit strange, too, although still pretty much all raw, because I have to depend on the university cafeteria (mostly melon and raisins) and my loan money. I'm a runner, and during my two seasons in high school I would do 30-40 miles per week normally, but now that amount is also extremely variable here in uni--it's steadily decreased throughout the semester, to 20-30 instead, with skipping every other day more the normal thing these past few weeks. The one thing that I have increased is the length of my long run, from 8 or 9 miles in junior and senior year to 13 or 14 (once a week). ANYWAY,

The Problem:

Even before the eating disorder, I had never gotten a period, and was obviously developing more slowly than most of my peers, although I had begun to grow breasts, hair, etc. I am now 18, three years past my eating disorder, and I still have not gotten a single period. About a year ago, I had myself tested: hormones, reproductive structure are both absolutely fine, according to my pediatrician. Since university started, though, my breasts (well, mostly one breast, lol) have grown a bit, and I've gained maybe ten pounds. Oh, and (ALERT: TMI TO FOLLOW) I've noticed white discharge in my underwear for a few years, too, if that means anything. I also get hot flashes (or at least I guess that's what they are--my face feels all hot for no reason) from time to time.

Does anyone know what's up? Sometimes I think that I shouldn't be worried about it, since my tests were fine and all, but not having a period by 16 is generally considered abnormal, and I want to make sure that I'm healthy and that everything is functioning alright. 

I would greatly, greatly appreciate any insight, especially from anyone with a background in women's health (but others are welcome, too, of course!). And are there any others on this forum with a similar issue? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. 

Love,

Shannon

@bananabeastie

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hm, well I know that back in the day women would start their periods later because there were less hormones in food and all that bad stuff. I looked on reddit and found a thread where 2 people had said they both started their periods at the age of 17...but they didn't know why...and nobody started later than that.

I do know it's better to start late rather than early...I forget exactly why though. I wish I could have been more helpful! Good luck! Hopefully everything is ok :)

Thanks, Rose! Yeah, I've done so many Google searches, looked at scholarly articles, etc. but have found no specific answers for my particular situation so far. I suppose I might just be a really late bloomer, as I've heard of people knowing others who didn't get a period until 18 or even 20.

While I can't contribute directly, I also have hormonal issues despite three years in recovery from anorexia. Got my bloodwork done, supposedly normal, yet I've been lactating since.

*My eating disorder, that is.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark joined Naprapa Nooprai's group
7 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Steve Bannon: New Film On Huawei—“Claws of the Red Dragon”, Hong Kong Protest & US China Trade War #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2ZlmHGE"
7 hours ago
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
yesterday
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service