30 Bananas a Day!

which is better between the two, non organic potatoes (which i plan to steam) or non organic white rice?

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

potatoes!!!!! u could live of potatoes.
very good nutritional profile.
rice is not good. its a grain. roots r always
better.
thinly peeled non organic potatoes.

well or of course organic potatoes.

even org. rice would come after non org.
potatoes. (if peeled and washed)

fruit .

his question was though to choose between potatoes and rice.

everyone should know that fruit and leavy soft greens
r number 1.
If you can, defiantly prioritise organic potatoes- the conventional are smothered in fungicides and pesticides and because they don't have thick skin (like bananas or butternut squash?) your gonna be ingesting them. So if you really can't afford organic I'd probably go for rice as you can wash that- though obviously it really depends how well u digest it. Hope that helps.
they add that nasty stuff after harvesting not before.
to keep them from sprouting too fast i believe.

Thanks alot for the responses guys and yes clearly fruit is king but im in college staying on campus (dorms) with a budget so im doing the best i can with rawtill4. But thats kind of sad to hear lol i love the skin on potatoes but since im stuck with non organic guess id have to peel them huh? and also when i eat rice i never have washed it, guess thats bad. Learning tho, thanks again.

Hey Babe, I am guessing you are asking which is the lesser evils. Bill Mollison of Permaculture fame says that Potatoes win hands down in nutritional value over rice - especially white rice.  But for me when I am trying to stick to Raw or close to, potatoes are my ruination. For some reason they are just really addictive and if I have them in the house, boiling these starch balls up and devouring them until I get a pain in the belly seems to beyond my strength to resist.

Must be something in the genes. Well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

But that may not be the case for you. So if it is not then I say six of one, half a dozen of the other; it really doesn't matter. If you need a fix of starch and it is all you can afford then go for the spuds. Personally if I am on a cooked break out I alternate before the two. Studs one day and rice the next.

Cheers

Haven   

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
yesterday
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service