30 Bananas a Day!

so i was catching up with some old buddies tonight and told them while in the midst of eating 5 bananas (which they already couldn't wrap their minds around) that i eat 10-15 of them a day. one of them said his older brother succumb to potassium poisoning (didn't die or anything) years ago. i was wondering how or why this might happen to him and not us. the only thing i could think to ask was if his bananas were ripe or not and maybe that made a difference as they're harder to digest. or having too much fat/protein played a role, and if so, how?

in a related story, i noticed my cronomoter spouting red levels of vitamin a and c (both over 1000% some days), vitamin k, copper, and a few others are always high too. is getting too many vits/mins hard on my body?

in a not so related story, i mopped the floor in tackle football today!! i basically was living in the end zone, making crazy catches, burning my opponent's best player all day, and loving it! love this diet :D

Views: 1189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did he get potassium poisoning from eating bananas or was it from supplements? From my understanding you can only overdose on potassium from supplements not from whole foods..

Same thing with the excess vitamins and minerals...they are mostly water soluble so whats in excess is excreted by the body.

oh yea. i also asked if he was on sups and he said 'no, bananas,' that's when i asked if the nanners were ripe or not. idk if i believe that tho, cuz the he and his brother seem like the type to take sups (both being big into lifting and aren't into dietary aspect of health).
it's possible that he has underlying kidney problems then.... healthy kidneys will be able to deal with excess potassium from whole food sources. Some medications can impede the excretion of potassium as well.

HI, just read your comment.... I was just wondering where you read or heard that because Im worrying about getting to much vitamin c, too... 

Cron-o-meter says my vitamin c level is about 1821%    :S    

so do you know any web sites or stuff like that where I could find information?? (just to ease my thoughts)

(sorry about my bad english- Im german :) )
Tnx in advance! =) 

wow cool thank you! =)

awesome! thnx for helping me =)))

My theory is what else was he eating aside from the bananas. Sometimes its what the fruit mixes with that causes the problem, for example eating a fruit meal to close to a meal with fat could cause a bacteria imbalance in the gut, hence candida.

We need to get some videos out there of us eating 10+ bananas so it's not so darn shocking to everybody!  My family is used to it now but at first they were all agape. 

curious, what happens when you have potassium poisoning?    Yeah my A and C are always crazy high but I feel great so I go by that.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service