30 Bananas a Day!

I'm basically allergic to many, many, if not most, fruits at the moment--blah! :(

The list of fruits I can't/don't eat anymore at all now: apples, bananas, mangoes, any citrus fruits (grapefruits, oranges, etc.), pears, peaches, and nectarines. I'm so upset. What happened? I used to be able to eat all of these fruits just fine, but no longer am able to do so. Obviously, my best bet would be to heal the allergies so I can afford the diet. I mean, aside from dates, nothing cheap is left--and most things left I don't even like to eat. Perhaps I overdid the specific fruits in the past, and now it's coming back to hurt me?! Help!

Has anyone ever been able to heal their fruit allergies, until they can eat normal/30bad levels of the foods again in one sitting, maybe? How?! Please help, I'm just soooo upset, blah.

Views: 1132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you know if these foods are grown without chemicals?  This could easily be a reaction to chemical intake.

Yep, no chemicals other than potential organic problems? I mean, I do react to some organic products, specifically to some chemical farmers in the area use, actually...on greens, how painful! But how can I possibly avoid EVERY possible chemical? Even growing my own would pose a risk, with soil and no place to really grow produce at the moment. Plus, my budget is SO low now.

Skin reaction could be detox, fungus, candida and a host of other things..how much fat do you eat?

I'd go to a doctor and run some tests and complete blood-work especially for the breathing issues.

Anaphylaxis looks like has nothing to do with fruit:

'Many foods can trigger anaphylaxis; this may occur upon the first known ingestion.[10] Common triggering foods vary around the world. In Western cultures, ingestion of or exposure to peanuts, wheat, tree nuts, shellfish, fish, milk, and eggs are the most prevalent causes.[3][5] Sesame is common in the Middle East, while rice and chickpea are frequently encountered as sources of anaphylaxis in Asia.[5] Severe cases are usually the result of ingesting the allergen,[10] but some people experience a severe reaction upon contact. Children can outgrow their allergies. By age 16, 80% of children with anaphylaxis to milk or eggs and 20% who experience isolated anaphylaxis to peanuts are able to tolerate these foods.[11]'

Fruit has the less toxic load of all foods (unless it was contaminated) and it gives your body a chance to catch up and do some house cleaning and healing so some of the symptoms you're experiencing might be detox/healing.

At this point we know very little about your past and current lifestyle so it's impossible to pinpoint what the culprit is without having more details.

One thing we know for sure though: health is a consequence of healthy living on a consistent basis so if you stick to that you'll get there..:)

No fat but that in most fruits, but not sure if your other problems mentioned bother me? Why would I have candida on fruit diets, I mean?

Many people have breathing problems from fruit. Have you seen Oral Allergy Syndrome symptoms, yet? Best to note most problems--but my problems do happen, obviously.

Hey Have you figured out a way to cure this?! Do you still follow this lifestyle? I have the EXACT same problem as you ON TOP of PCOS...and really lost with what to do...i only know when I avoided certain foods all this went away..but a life without fruits/veggies....this just doesnt seem right

Would love your advice girl! xx

I am allergic to pineapple. Raw and well cooked (for hours high heat). I am
So allergic that if you touch pineapple and them touch my non-pineapple food, I Will have a severe reaction. Yes you can have an. Anafalectic allergy to fruit. I am also allergic to grass. These allergies developed while eating a pure whole food vegan. Allergy shots helped my environmental allergies. You act like you know all, but you don't. Different people have different genetics. We are not all the same.

If you want to be able to eat fruit then you'll have to heal your leaky gut.  Do mono meals and take it easy on digestion for a while and see what happens.  I sincerely doubt you have become allergic to these things after starting this diet.  Though if it has happened after than just take it easy like I suggested. 

From my experiences all allergies can be cured with proper health.  I used to be allergic to just about everything.  I've been completely symptom free for at least 2 years now that I've gotten my health on track.

What fruits would be best to use, perhaps more water-rich options with such bad heat out presently?

Well, not true for most, but good to hear for you. How long would it take to heal? It took 2 years for you, personally, I'm assuming? Wow...that's a while to be struggling with budget to find good fruits, grr.

Maybe what's coming out here is that you should keep your diet simple and over-free for maybe 1 month or so, whether it is cooked or raw vegan. Then as Rawbert suggests, introduce one fruit at a time , and wait a couple of days on that inclusion to see if allergic symptoms restart.  Takes will power, but worth it to clean house so you can eat a natural diet again.

You could do worse than go on date/greens island; you mention you can tolerate those.

I feel like others that these "allergies" cannot be lasting, it must be detox from fats/chemicals.

Possibly a good suggestion, wow...why wouldn't I have thought of that, now? :) Problem I have is that when I do precisely similar things, like eliminating the fruit for a period, I end up noticing I do react to that fruit. Very interesting.

Would more water-rich fruits be okay in the summer? Perhaps melons? Would smoothies be possible to get additional fruits or greens in? Would limiting greens to lettuces be best? Thanks for any advice or expertise.

Does detox last for 7 1/2 years? I think not.

Hi Moiraine,  I'm so sorry to hear that!  Such a bummer.  I react badly to several different fruits, and I unfortunately have had no luck in healing from those yet.  My reactions aren't as severe as yours, so I indulge once in a while, but mostly I try to stick to my safe choices.  

My guess is that our bodies were always intolerant of these foods, but we were so sick and toxic that we couldn't tell, and our bodies didn't react as violently since they didn't have the vitality to do so.  Now that we are healthier and cleaner, our bodies let us know sooner when we consume something that doesn't agree with us.

It's a blessing and a curse.  My boyfriend has been raw for so long at this point that he can barely tolerate things like smoke from a neighbor's fireplace in the air.  I think you get more sensitive as you go along.

I hope you are able to identify a delicious set of foods that you like that work well for your body, and thrive on those.  Best of luck to you!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump supports mass sterilization of Americans through 5G #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EoVgzr"
18 hours ago
"HIGH TREE-ZIN! MCKABE, LISA PAYJE & SHIFTY ADAM COLLUDED WITH FOREIGN ASSETS IN THEIR COUP ATTEMPT! #truth #light#now http://bit.ly/2VaavBZ"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
"Trump Declares National Emergency To Pay For Border Wall #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Gu5rVt"
Feb 16
chris jones is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 16
Houdini Steve Owens joined M ♦'s group
Feb 13
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Hanyi Zhang
Feb 13
Profile IconHanyi Zhang and Maëwa joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Feb 11
Reese posted a discussion
Feb 8
Olga posted a discussion
Feb 7
VeritasCurat is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 7
Peter Csere posted a video

Amazon Fruit Festival 2020

Be there or eat a pear! Ecuador. January 16-22, 2020. http://www.amazonfruitfestival.com AFF 2019 was a blast. Come to AFF 2020! Tickets on sale now, starting at $475 (prices go up April 1st.)
Feb 5
Manual Pedal posted a video

Surly Ogre Long Term Review

This is a review on my new #SurlyOgre after retiring my #SurlyLongHaulTrucker. I've had this bike for several months now. I updated it with all my parts from...
Feb 5
Profile IconHolly and Olga joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 5
Charlotte Pickering replied to Peter Csere's discussion Terra Frutis in Ecuador is looking for members!
Feb 5

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service