30 Bananas a Day!

do most watch there portions or do they just eat till they are content?

Me? I eat as much as i want. I cant help but wonder if i over eat to be honest becuase I've managed to gain / loose /gain etc.. I might be lean looking in the pic but after almost 4 years on this diet i've up about 24lbs since that original pic. Dont get me wrong its fluctuated in that time back and forth. 

So I wonder if i should excercise some portion control. but to be honest every single time i've done that in the past I'd sit around hungry and pissed off and give up on it within a day lol. 

I cant find a rhyme or reason to my weight gain either. I've tried it all with the exception of staying fully raw for a long period of time. Nothing but mixed results sometimes up sometimes down on the scale really cant put my finger on it to be honest.

All i do knwo is i feel my best eating this way which is why i continue to do so despite the fact that weigth wise i'm not super happy.

I"m 5 foot 7 164lbs. And i'm not some muscular dood I run 40-50 miles a week and never lift weights. and I know some might suggest hey try lifting weights and maybe i will but I dunno that thats a requirement to be a lean bean.

Views: 1236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why are you eating avocados if your goal is weightloss?

just read that if thats all this is then i'm only talking about 10-20lbs gains from my running and it fluctuates all the time maybe its not really an issue then. 

ANother one I read too once was about how running in the heat your body will retain water etc.. and over the years I Have noticed that i gain all summer long then by about january febuary i drop back down to 150 or so. Then of course by may june the scale is going back up again. I'm gonna keep a close eye on that this coming winter and then summer to see if it holds true again maybe thats all that it is.

another thing i notice too is everything i read and see it seems like they talk like eat in abundance as if they feel as if there audience is all folks who practiced some kinda calorie restriction or something. thats not me. I'm a pig always have been no problem eating here lol. IF anything I prefer to eat in a abundance the idea of counting calories and such just doesnt appeal to me no thanks I dont wanna live my life hungry nor do I feel I should have too. 

But all that being said maybe I"ve managed to take it too far and maybe I just pack it in way too much and should excercise more restraint I dunno.

and while i complain its not like i'm a house or something so I dont wanans ound like i'm just cryen the blues over nothing. I'm pretty happy 90% time if i was not i woulda jumped ship from this diet ions agoe. but 10% of me looks in the mirror and on the scale and goes is this working at all? i mean I feel great but i'm not shredded and i'm not getting any lighter soo.....

Also worth mentioning even though I know Durianrider is not a fan.  Going longer between dinner and breakfast has really helped me get leaner.  I don't even necessarily weigh less, but I look way more shredded when I go 14+ hours between the last meal of the day before and the first of the next.  Obviously intermittent fasting where you only eat in a 4 hour window every day is stupid.  But I think there is some value to being done with eating 3 hours before you go to bed, and then not eating until 2 hours after rising.

I agree with you I think there is something to that. The only issue i ahve is i wake up hungry lol. yest for example I probably ate 4500 calories? woke up at 3am hungry. it passed and i just got up at 8am and ate then. its a moving target with my appetite sometimes. it can be tough to gauge did I have enough? cause while i might feel full i might end up waking up starving half to death and unable to sleep too. its a tough call.

If you are waking up starving then you need to eat more prior to sleeping for sure.
There's something I discovered this year and I call it GOATmeal. I can scarf down huge smoothies and be hungry by lunch. But, if I have 1 cup of rolled oats cooked with extra water then add 3-5tbsp brown sugar and 5-7tbsp of craisins and maple syrup and cinnamon then have 2-4 servings of fruit (usually oranges or bananas before the oatmeal) and I'm good all day until dinner at 5 or so, where I'll have a nice and large dinner.
There was no difference in my weight even after adjusting for calories (4000Cal@115 with smoothies for breakfast, cooked for lunch and dinner @70mpw and 3000@115 with GOATmeal + large dinner @70mpw) but my triglycerides went down eating like that for some reason.
You can try that. It sounds like you are leptin resistant mate. You really need to focus on what you are eating when you're eating it then ask yourself if you are actually hungry or not. With some people I see, I just increase the fats from between 5 and 8 percent to between 10 and 13 percent and they aren't resistant anymore.
Also, when people I see are like that, they usually aren't doing enough to drive their passion in life and just end up eating out of boredom. That sounds a lot like you in this instance.

Less energy with oats so I'd do them for supper not first thing in the morning. 

Haha yeah right. Tell that to my girlfriend, 15:18 5k, and 4.16 gpa.

I would do rice for dinner because it is lighter

Get her on a date+banana+sugar smoothie every morning and see the boost in energy. Oats are ok though

We just dump a ton of sugar, craisins, and maple syrup in the oats and that gives us just as much of a sugar boost as the smoothies. We are on a meal plan so it is easier just to do that in the cafeteria than buying fruits and a blender.

I did smoothies every morning for over a year and a half before having oats for breakfast and with the extra sugar, the energy spike is the same in my case! 

We are a very high energy couple haha

A1

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Windlord's 2 photos were featured
11 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
15 hours ago
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
16 hours ago
Akira is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
16 hours ago
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
yesterday
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
yesterday
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
yesterday
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service