30 Bananas a Day!

Please help, live in a cold climate and have problems with very cold hands and feet

Winter here is very hard due to my issue with very cold hands and feet. Is this a circulatory issue, thyroid issue not sure. I am 48 turning 49 this year and am struggling with this issue.
What should I eat to help this condition? Any advice would be appreciated. My shakes are mostly banana, date and water or salads. Help.

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was taught, "If you're cold, you're not working hard enough."  Granted, I would get cold even when I was working hard.  My gramma would say, "cold hands, warm heart".  Vitamin D does also help in circulatory problems.  Find someone who will tolerate loads of hugs and get warm!  

I've started to solve this problem a bit and beside diet I use a rebounder, this warms me up in a few seconds or minutes. Otherwise just simple movements, dancing, put on some music you like and dance several times a day. Some people advise cayenne pepper in socks and on hands, did not try this yet...

I have Raynaud's, I have found that it is because of my bad posture not allowing the blood to flow freely to my extremities. So you could check yourself sideways in a long mirror to see if you have good posture or not, then if there is a problem work on correcting that to see if there is an improvement :) 

I would definitely suggest getting some blood work done first to rule out any deficiencies or problems. Cold hands and feet can be a circulatory problem, thyroid problem, iron deficiency, or a number of other things as well. 

I typically have very cold hands and feet in the winter and I recently went to the doctor to get it checked out, and found out I am extremely iron deficient. 

If you pinpoint the problem then you can start fixing it, so I definitely recommend getting it checked out if it feels like it is a problem.

Thanks for everyone's quick response. One thing I did today that really helped to warm me up was soaking in my bathtub in some hot water and just sat in there and got me going today otherwise I just want to say in my bed and not get out. The bitter cold in my hands and feet makes it hard for me to get through the winter months. I am so grateful for everyone's input as this is so wonderful to have this level of support. All of you are amazingly wonderful and caring thank you so so much.

Are there certain times of the day when you are cold or is it generally all the time?

Getting bloodwork done is a very good idea.  I have hypothyroidism and I my hands and feet are often cold.  You would be able to rule out anemia and hypothyroidism if the tests come back negative.  Meanwhile I highly recommend turning the heat up and/or sitting in front of a heater while you eat your smoothies. A good soak in very hot water helps me too.

Oh, I forgot...wear a hat.  It quickly helpful along with a good pair of socks.  We have wood floors and even with socks chill us, but with slippers or sandals it keeps us warm-er.

I have no eating advice but, Do you have a wood stove ?  My wood stove warms the house way better then natural gas does and includes exercise.  When I first moved to the Mountains I cold not stay warm in the winter. The wood stove and getting dressed warm very first thing in the morning helped.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
15 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
22 hours ago
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1
Rawberry replied to Mati Manik's discussion Any 811er in Argentina?????
May 31

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service