30 Bananas a Day!

I have a few friends who say "oh, I can't eat all that fruit because I have reactions to them". They said that some of it could be reactions to the pesticides but some fruits just make their throat feel weird or break out in a rash or something. This is very strange to me since I believe that almost all fruit should be safe to eat for everyone. 

From what I've heard, allergic reactions like this can happen when actual proteins are absorbed into the blood stream due to things like leaky gut. The body produces an immune response to combat these foreign proteins and can mistakenly attack other healthy cells. Is this corect? 

I guess my overarching question is, what is the true cause of allergies and can people legitimately be allergic to a banana or a mango?

Views: 1834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of people have problems with apples. It might also be because they aren't a tropical fruit.

did you manage to cure yourself at all yet? i have really bad allergies to so many fruits/ veggies its depressing...making me think all i can live on is rice/potatoes now...and not be a fruitarian...i got diagnosed with oral allergy

Not sure why, but I can't eat bananas at the moment. They give me a sore mouth and throat, headaches and nausea, not to mention aggravate another health issue I have. I have heard they are one of the most heavily fumigated fruits. One of the shop assistants at my old organic shop refused to handle even organic ones for this reason.

I am allergic to several fruits—but cooked, processed food much more so! I think anyone who uses the fruit-allergy excuse not to go raw hasn't done enough homework on the negative effects of cooked food. I am hoping if I can get healthier my fruit allergies will lessen/go.

The Dirty Dozen

The 12 most contaminated fruits and vegetables.

Source: Top 12 Toxic Fruits and Vegetables

1.     Celery
  2.     Peaches
  3.     Strawberries
  4.     Apples
  5.     Domestic blueberries
  6.     Nectarines
  7.     Sweet bell peppers
  8.     Spinach, kale and collard greens
  9.     Cherries
  10.     Potatoes
  11.     Imported grapes
  12.     Lettuce

hey jane, have you noticed any positivite reactions ..or have discontinued and just avoid those trigger foods?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
14 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
14 hours ago
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
yesterday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7
OrganicMark posted a status
"FISA IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD. -- Dr. Dave Janda #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2FnCQPj"
Jan 5
OrganicMark posted a status
"How The Fed Robs You Of Your Life #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/37CiYEc"
Jan 5
ednshell's photo was featured
Dec 31, 2019
Profile Iconplantifulmom, Valencia Dronet, Paula and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 31, 2019

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service