30 Bananas a Day!

I am a Crossfit athlete and over the past couple of months I have been ignored by the majority of the coaches as soon as I mentioned I'm vegan. They are gearing up for the Whole 9 challenge right now and won't speak a word to me. Anyone familiar with that diet that would be able to provide some debunking research to defend myself with? It honestly sucks, theyre being completely rude. One lady even asked for my killer smoothie recipies but my coach interrupted saying you can't have that much fruit on the Whole 9 diet. T

Views: 1576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great article that one! I'd prefer to do an actual sport like cycling or running or kickboxing or anything for that matter!

Thanks Steve. I particularly enjoyed Baye's rebuttals in the comment section.

There are many things I love about Crossfit; The community, competitive element and the intensity. I just regard it as a sport, not a streamlined fitness practice. 

I love Crossfit because of the competitive nature honestly and it's working out without being focused on asthetics. I honestly come from a background of extreme diet pill abuse and it was the only thing that helped me not hate my body quite so much

Its great you love it, I could never do something I hated. Perhaps you just need to find a better group of people? 

Find a better coach :). Seriously, they should treat you well just for showing up consistently and wanting to be there. You don't deserve that kind of treatment. 

I am a Crossfit athlete as well. I left my old Crossfit box because the owner/coach was an arrogant sob. He made constantly bacon jokes and so on. I don't need to be around unprofessional people like that. Now I go to a different Crossfit box a no one has spoken to me about my diet, not even once! And I like that! I know what I need to eat. I don't talk to them about their diet either. I just go to work out there and that's it.
Find a new crossfit box asap! No room for negativity and stupidity in your life!

De bunk it with "your" performance.

maybe the $$$$ is    because most of us  need coaching & encouraging to do so darn much fitness in an hour 

they sure are experts in motivation   people attend ;like religion 

Go for it Kennedy..ignore them back, do your own thing and document the results!  Are you coaching?  If you are, people need the information that you know--just like the lady that wanted your smoothie recipe!

You have the best judgement on how to handle the situation but some words from a distant perspective would be... any reason for being a vegan is a good one. I think its best to let people have there own opinions. When they feel that you dont give a %$# and your happy being yourself they'll ask questions and you can answer lovingly. Just love them through there rudeness and bull.  They'll come around.

Also don't take it personally, there negative actions towards people is a reflection of insecurities within themselves. We should see all people as people, not vegans, not paleos, were all people first.

Keeping doing you, girl! they will see your results and while they're miserable in their carb-less ketosis you'll be showing them your gains! and then maybe they may finally respect what you do. but who know, people get sensitive when you question something they feel so strongly about, even if it is just about weight loss or gains or whatever, especially when they have $$$ to make off of it.  ugh.... paleo people... I don't do cross fit anymore because I found a gym that does a similar program for cheaper and I agree with the methods more. I regularly take 4-8 classes a week (1 hr each) just because i have the energy for it and i LIKE being there. and when I'm there i go hard! and the other members are usually shocked that i can take 2-3 classes in a row and keep going. whenever they tell me i need protein i ask them how many classes they took that day and how hard they went. and then i race them down the track. lol just do you and earn their respect. and those that still doubt you will simply be left in the dust. good luck girl!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
4 hours ago
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
5 hours ago
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
yesterday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
yesterday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
yesterday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service