30 Bananas a Day!

So last time I went to Costco I got so excited. There was so much fruit there! Crates of peaches and nectarines and boxes of oranges, tangelos, cherries YOU NAME IT! I grabbed a cart full of stuff and I was looking at the nectarines. In small letters on the side it said that they have been treated with some sort of unpronounceable something to conserve freshness. My gut feeling was to put it back so I did. I got a box of oranges, some avocados, mangos I think and some cherries. Then when I got back home I read on the box for the oranges that they too have been treated with a bunch of hard to pronounce things and now I'm just bummed! I love my daily orange juice and was so stoked to have found somewhere to buy in bulk. Now I'm not sure what to do. One organic mango costs close to 2 dollars! I bought 8 peaches yesterday that were all organic (and absolutely divine!) and I think they cost me like 7 dollars or something which I guess isnt so bad but thats like one meal only. I'm thinking continuing to eat fruit that has been sprayed in such large quantities cannot be good so I have to start buying organic but I'm sort of not doing amazing with the money right now. Any tips? I am set on the bananas which I get from whole foods and they are organic and only cost like 21 dollars which is awesome but I'm not a big banana fan lately. Does anyone know if Whole Foods offers cases of other fruit? The boxes of bananas are right underneath where the bananas are displayed but I dont think I've seen boxes of other fruit and figure it might be really expensive to get that. What do you do when youre on a budget?

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BTW, how do you get organic earth bananas at WF for 21 a box? They are 99 cent/lb here and everywhere in the country I visited, so a 40 lb box would be about 36 with the 10% discount. Please share :) Thanks!

and yes, WF carries about all of their fruit in cases, except the locally grown. Just ask.

I live in NC. My WF sells those for 88 cent/lb (78 for conventional)

I have no idea how it ended up being 21 dollars a box. I was really surprised too! Pretty awesome :)

I know what happened because it happened to me once, the whole foods produce guy/gal did not know what they were doing and charged me what they pay for a case instead of what they sell them for by the pound minus 10%.  Lucky you! :)

FInd your wholesaler here, it's so much cheaper:  Attention all US 811 newbies

And shopping tips here: 

Ednshell, this is an awesome video, thanks for sharing it! It doesnt look like any of the fruit is organic though, except for the cherries. Costco is very similar but like I said, non of the stuff is organic. 

No I don't think it is either.  It's funny because he said after a year of doing 811 that he wished he knew how important it was to do organic but then later he said organic wasn't important that raw was most important but now he is back into organic being important as he says in his video here:

Start up your own co op like Kristina did. Its quite possibly the biggest organic fruit and veg co-op on earth!

Started in a lounge room and moved to a car park.

We buy bulk too. Its like cycling parts and shoes. You have to be a silly billy to pay retail.

If you think its expensive in the US come to Australia. Organic mangoes are 10USD often where I live. I get em wholesale for 6USD each. People don't know what expensive is till they live in Australia. ;)

Nice! I totally should. Kristina is awesome. I'm not sure where I would start though...

Holy Moly thats some expensive Mangos! And I thought 2 dollars was a lot! Glad you and Freelee are still doing the thing though! Nutrition is so important. :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
20 minutes ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
18 hours ago
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
20 hours ago
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service