30 Bananas a Day!

Orange and Cucumber 10 Day Challenge! A dynamic Duo!

I've read about the positive experiences that people have had eating only one type of fruit for an extended period of time.  I haven't ever tried it myself, and now feel I want to give it a shot. 

Over the last 5 weeks I've been running a lot less than usual.  I had to cut back on my running for a few reasons:

I came down with a bad virus after running 296 miles in 8 days and sleeping very little.  This side tracked me for almost 2 weeks. 

Then I got kinda lazy getting back into my regular running routine to be honest (yea, it can happen!) 

Hence I've put on about 4-5lbs of fat over my peak running weight.    I want to get back in top form to run a few more marathons and ultra marathons before the end of this year. So it's time to try this 'duo diet' for a while. 

I am a big fan of high water content fruits.  I've experience my best running and physical performances when I am eating primarily citrus (oranges mainly).  I never really get sick of oranges - especially the Valencia's that I am getting now.  So I figured my fruit of choice would be fantastic organic Valencia oranges. 

But I also want to have a 2ndary option for the times when I just can't eat another orange, which I'm sure will happen many times over a 10 day period. 

I thought about the option of celery, but I feel it's a bit harder to digest and too 'tough' if I was going to be eating a ton of it.  I also considered Asian pears, as they are extremely juicy and 'light'.  Watermelon was another thought.  But I've decided that pealed cucumbers and then taking out the seeds and just eating the crunchy part would be ideal in my mind. 

So I'm starting Friday October 22nd, and having the goal of 10 days, just eating oranges and cucumbers.  (The reason I'm starting October 22nd is because I have to eat all the other food in my house!)

I will continue to do my regular run training.  I have no plans of changing my lifestyle at all during this time.  I expect to eat at least a case of oranges and 10-15lbs of cucumbers per day.  I also expect to drop about 1/4 to 1/2 a lb a day of fat (I'm currently at about 124 and expect to get to 118 which is my ideal race weight).

I will not be counting calories and have no plans to focus on eating less, rather I plan to eat an insane amount of oranges as my primary calories.  Yet I know from experience that I will drop body fat for sure no matter how many citrus calories I take in.

Anyone interested in joining in?  We can keep each other motivated and see what it's like to try something new!

***If you plan on joining in on this 10 day adventure with me please post below. If you're not on board please refrain from commenting so we can keep the thread communications and experiences only for the people on board.  Yet, if you have done a challenge like this and want to offer some supportive comments/experience then please do post. 

Thank you.

Views: 3492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I pretty much just eat all day long, peel, eat, piss, repeat Lol."

:-DD Very methodical, like a well-oiled machine.
That's a pretty valid point. I guess it depends how much Mike perspires, right?
Good point guys.
It's cool in NYC now, I don't sweat much at all now. This is only 10 days, and I'm not doing any runs more than 4-5 hours (that's when I need the salt) until next year when I start training again for some 100 mile races. So having almost no sodium for 10 days I don't think will be an issue. If I do feel some hyponatremia issues happening I'll consider taking a sodium pill. This 10 day orange/cucumber thing is not life or death, if I gotta take a salt pill, I'm taking it!
I guess I'll find out! This is one of the reasons why I want to try this 10 day thing out. I want to see what happens/good and bad.
Anne Osborne was in a hot climate just doing OJ for a long time, she didn't have sodium issues, so I don't think I will either. But I guess I'll know soon enough.

Anne Osborne ended up in hospital near death. She is a ok now.

When  you try and push too hard on not enough cals, water or sleep, your body will shut you down eventually no matter how pure you eat. 

Hurrah! My local fruit store just managed to get me four more boxes of Blood Oranges!!♥♥!!
I am so excited because the season is at an end and now four more boxes of treasure ♥

I am really looking forward to tomorrow's Orange Adventure ♥
Love and Peaches,
from Anne XX.
errrr i need to get these!
I haven't been able to locate any organics yet, so thought I'd try out a bag of conventional valencias from the same farm in my area where I get my conventional navel oranges... The valencias taste good, but for some reason I don't know why/what, I feel spacey after eating them... At first I thought it was because I juiced them, but even after eating a meal of them, I still get this odd slightly spacey weird feeling that lasts for a while. I've never felt anything but great after eating their conventional navel oranges and I ate meals of them daily for about 8 months straight...

Oh well.. Guess I won't be partaking unless I can find some organics here shortly.. One last thought since I have a 25lb bag of these valencias, is to try washing them first before I eat them.. I never used to wash the navels, but maybe they're using some new spray on them or something.. Thinking I might call the farm too and ask if they are growing these valencias or redistributing them..
todd, can you take them back? I wouldn't eat them in that quantity non-organic. Too many fungacides on them. I made the mistake of getting non-organic when I first started eating oranges (juicing) in quantity and I could feel they fungacides in my throat and coughing up phlegm afterwards just like having a sore throat.
Naw ate too many.. Yeah, I think I did have a little phlegm that came on later now that you mention it.. Definitely going to try giving them a wash tomorrow...
Okay I'm IN! The growing season's wrapping up in Southern Oregon anyway and I've already been juicing a lot of Valencias plus eating plenty of cucumbers.

I need to get bikini ready anyway ...
nice! we need you!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
17 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
21 hours ago
allie posted a photo
21 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service