30 Bananas a Day!

I'm in college right now and on a meal plan. I'm sick of feeling tired, I'm sick of feeling hungry, and I want to go back to being a fruitarian. The only issue is that I'm a college student with hardly any money, so I can't be purchasing fruit from the grocery store all the time. However, I have an unlimited amount to these fruits:

Apples (Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Fuji, Gala, etc)

Kiwi fruit

Bananas

Pears

Oranges

Cantulope

Watermelon

Pineapple

And of course I have lettuce.

Could I make these work as my main foods? And if so, how should I split it up per meal? Like should I eat ten bananas and four apples in one sitting? What would you recommend me do? My favorite fruits among that list are Bananas and apples, btw. What would be a good amount of fruit to have for one average meal? I really want to make my commitment to a fruit-based diet something permanent. I'm just scared that I'm going to constantly be thinking about eating. I just don't want to think about having to eat anymore. Thanks.

Views: 569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looks like good variety to me...

That's a decent variety and perhaps you can give yourself a special treat of another fruit once in a while.

I think eating mono meals is best - eating as much of one type as you like at a time.  Just make sure your bananas are ripe! :)

If I had those choices I might have pineapple and orange together for a combination meal, and they combine well as they are both acids. Partly because I find large portions of pineapple unappealing, but I can eat a huge amount of oranges.

I also sometimes eat lettuce with a fruit, but not with melons.  Melons are best to eat alone for best digestion.

I also enjoy eating lettuce alone at times - perhaps you have access to tomatoes and cucumbers as well?

If you really eat as much as you want you should feel satisfied.  When I eat as much as I want of fruit I feel satisfied in a way I've never felt before - in my entire life.  It's a great feeling.

It's actually the easiest way to eat I can think of, as long as you plan ahead to have enough fruit at your disposal.  No preparation, easy cleanup!

Well I definitely plan on getting other fruits from grocery stores from time to time. I just would like to know of what a good amount of fruit would be. I think the ten bananas per two or three meals would be good with others in between.

I'm sick of always feeling tired and wanting to eat. I've been vegan for a long time, but it's just not cutting it anymore. I've been wanting to become a fruitarian for a long time but I haven't because of the social aspects of it. I know that my family is going to freak out, think I have an eating disorder, my friends also think that I already having an eating disorder. I don't want to be thin, I just want to feel healthy and not want to eat all the time. I want to do spend my time doing other things like reading or focusing on homework. Does being a fruitarian help you guys concentrate at all? I've read so many great things about it, I'm curious.

If you don't want to worry about having to think about eating, easiest way is to have three 10 banana meals every day for breakfast lunch and dinner. Add some kind of berry or other sub-acidic fruit like mango, and each one will taste different. Alternately you can have bananas for breakfast + dinner then vary every lunch with whatever other fruit you want. Or you could do melons for breakfast or oranges, then bananas for lunch + dinner. There's lots of stuff you can do.
Ok. Well starting tomorrow I'm going to dedicate myself to this. I'm really nervous that I'm gonna keep thinking about having to eat fruit. Hopefully that won't be the case!

I'm a newbie here too.  Let me just say it is not that hard as you may think.  At first my co-workers would ask questions like "Is that all your going to eat!!?"  My response is usually along the lines of "Four mangoes?  Yes, I believe that will hold me for a while."  They also see me munching on bananas or oranges throughout the day as well.  People stop noticing that I am eating fruit and instead they start to notice the crap they are eating. 

You can say I am always thinking about fruit too.  I wake up excited for my breakfast and other meals!  Plus the energy I have in the mornings is wonderful!

I don't currently have a blender. : /

But I plan on getting one soon once I get enough money.

I'd say a blender is essential especially if you are trying to fit this lifestyle around a busy life. Drinking a 10 banana smoothie with greens is much easier to do and much quicker than eating 10 bananas and greens. IMHO the only way this lifestyle is possible without a blender is if you don't have to go to college/work and have loads of free time!

I know everyone doing this seems like they have expensive high quality blenders like Vitamix, Blentec etc, but you can get by very well with any blender. I use a cheap Kenwood model which cost me £9 UK about 5 years ago. It hasn't aged well (the white plastic has gone discoloured over the years and it looks pretty ugly) but it still works fine. If I'm blending stuff like dates I need to soak them a little first and maybe my smoothies need a touch more water than they would in a high quality blender, but overall I'm very happy with my cheapie.

Something like this may not be amazing quality but will get the job done and allow you to do this lifestyle successfully.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I don't feel a blender is essential personally at all.  To me it's far easier to eat 10 bananas and greens whole than take the time to blend them and clean out the blender.  I think if you prefer the blended version and/or can eat more that way when you need to eat more, fine.  But I prefer eating whole foods not blended and I love chewing them.  I have no trouble eating enough this way, yet I know for others the only way they can get enough calories in is to blend.

I just don't want you to get discouraged if you can't afford a good blender.  It's also true that some do just fine with the cheaper blenders and you can even pick one up in a thrift store.

I have been using a 15 dollar blender from Walmart, and it has been working fine.

Of course one day I would love to have a Blentec, but it is definitely not needed.

Chris,

I really appreciate all the advice you give. I have a question though....how do you start a ripening schedule and how do you make it work? I seem to either have a whole bunch of really ripened fruit (that goes bad before I can eat it) or none of it is ripe and I am stuck eating either the under-ripened fruit or something else (not fruity).

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rachel

Much appreciated! I think I have more of an understanding on how to make it all work. Thanks, Chris!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock and Nemo are now friends
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Sunday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Sunday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service