30 Bananas a Day!

I've just read over a supposedly frutarian blog:

"Fruitarianism is a diet based on raw or cooked (!) fruits".

Where's

The

Fruit

!!!!

Can't beleive it!

So much misinformation around!

If you wanna be healthy you gotta eat 100% raw,

no cooked matter please! 

I'll tell you what I think:

COOKED FOOD IS POISON!

What is your take on this?

Views: 1465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great video as usual Chris! :)  You make a lot of great points! 

There is definitely no comparison between animal foods, fried foods, chemically laden foods and low-fat vegan, simple foods.  Low-fat cooked is better than high-fat raw, no doubt about it. 

i agree with you endshell. vegan low-fat is the second best thing there is, and it doesn't even compare with the stuff you mention. but still it's bad for me and i would feel sick if i were to eat it. i am a bit frustrated by how permissive you have become when it comes to raw food. i don't think Doug would be of the same opinion. Of course there's no comparison between steamed potatoes and french fries; and corpses or secretions are out of consideration. Still, I do think even steamed potatoes are objectively bad.

S2

rice, potatoes & sweet potato should be cooked - greens and fruits should be raw

I agree about rice and potatoes, but I LOVE raw sweet potato - the mushy cooked version I could never eat - it makes me sick and it seems to require some fat to be edible.  Is there a reason why raw is bad in this case? 

Unfortunately, sweet potato becomes too slimy when cooked for my tastes - even when you really try to make it al dente.

Could you juice sweet potato?

What about carrots, btw?

great video Chris !

this is a sane vegan non perfectionist approach that is inclusive and healthy for all.

i myself have been in this game for 4.5months and eat 2200 calories of fruit and leaves and 800 calories of steamed rice or potato and have experienced fantastic results . I am in the game because i doubt i could have eaten more then 2200 calories of fruit so the rice makes a great entry point into a high raw diet .

this is a great web site of people !

doug

perhaps we are to conclude that i am insane, then, in thinking the way i do?

exactly, peter. we think alike.

Agreed, Doug. People on this site tend to get tunnel vision. They see anything but all raw as bad. They see black and white in an obviously gray issue. I've struggled trying to be 100% on this diet for over a year and a half. When I gave myself the freedom to eat healthy cooked foods when craved, I find myself not crashing completely. Last time I checked, 3 steamed potatoes is better than a box of oreos. Good luck trying to convince some people of that on here! As long as you're staying mostly raw, all vegan, and the cooked food you do eat is whole, unprocessed, and cooked via boiling and steaming, you have my support.

I agree, mathyou. I think you are doing the right thing. But you are rather taking the least of poisons, that's what I think; perhaps I am wrong; and I do not think you are doing anything wrong, as there are forces within us that are difficult to control; but you are still in the path towards a goal, that's what i think. i could never see boiled or steamed foods as a final, decisive diet. they may provide several benefits, but are still poison to me. of course i am not completely against their consumption, and would eat them myself in case of severe lack of food, but i don't consider them healthy. rather, they are the least unhealthy option. they are not good, merely the least of evils. they are the next best thing to fruits and greens, yes; but to me they're harmful enough to be past the red line between food and poison. 

thank you mathyou  : )  

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
3 hours ago
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service