30 Bananas a Day!

Hello everyone, I'm Kane, 4 weeks ago I was eating meat and cooked foods but have decided that I want to be healthy. I did a quick transition to vegetarianism (4 weeks) and started my raw  HCLF Vegan 811 diet today. I've been getting over a cold and I was a tad worried about switching in midst of it but today compared to yesterday has been a great improvement.

I woke up, had a litre of water. Went to the local market and picked up my breakfast (10 bananas and some oranges to combat my cold, which is probably from detox and first week germs. I munched on sweet delicious fruits all day through classes. All in all I probably had about 20-25 bananas, 3 oranges and a handful of dates and over all 4 litres of water.

I picked up a case of bananas to hold me over the weekend, the produce fellow was very interested in what I was getting into and I referred him to the 30bad.

I've decided to show, not tell my friends and family about my transition. I am excited to keep going and see how I transform. I'll be exercising regularly once I start feeling better.

Stats: 5'10, 230lbs w/ a gut. Optimistic and excited for the future.

Thanks for reading,

Kane Town

Views: 147

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome! You're going to have an awesome time here at 30BAD and eating 80/10/10! Looks like you are getting a decent amount of calories in which is great, but don't forget to make sure your bananas are ripe. They need to be yellow and have many brown spots, or else they will give you constipation problems. Good luck and reap the benefits :)

Yeah I was reading that, I haven't really found a market yet that has truely ripe bananas to purchase. As it is I've put my bananas for the next two days in a plastic bag in hopes they'll ripen faster. Another issue is I'm colourblind so I'll just have to trust the spotted bananas over the colour-less-specific bananas haha.

Thanks for writing back : )

You don't often find places that sell spotted/ripe bananas to the public unless you ask the grocers. This is because a lot of people think if bananas are spotted they have started to go bad so they don't sell as well. Ah that sucks you are colourblind. If you can find somewhere to buy cases of bananas you can always ask what colour they are before buying so you know the ripeness before-hand. It might be a bit hard to properly judge how long it will take for your bananas to ripen since you can't see they're colour, but if they have lots of spots, you'll know for sure you can eat them :)

Yeah, haha in this case I want to be seeing spots! I love it. There's a few markets around that I can ask. The one I went to today does a mass compost of any unsellables. I was sort of down when I heard they composed the best parts but at least its going back into the soil. Anyhow I'm gunna go sleep for hopefully 12 hours to cure this cold. Have a good night!

You can judge ripeness by spots, smell and ease of peeling too.

If you order a case tell them you want them ripe- then they'll probably be yellow or mostly yellow.

Day 2 January 14th 2012

I woke up at 6am, still sick and feeling like I hadn't slept much (90% deviated septum + sickness causes more than the usual sleep apnea, getting corrective septoplasty in the summer) and drank my usual water and ate a pre-breakfast of several bananas. I had a strong craving for bread but was able to stay strong. I went to a new market and meant to ask about spotted bananas but ended up buying a few varied fruits and tender greens. Next time. I made a more substantial breakfast of 3 apples, 2 oranges, water and 4 bananas. I felt more energetic than I thought I would having not slept so I did some cleaning and went for a walk. I took a nap for a few hours then made dinner. 2 of the most delicious mangoes and a few bananas, just eaten as is for an appetizer while I made a smoothie of spinach, apples and a few carrots. All in all around 3000 calories for the day.

My roommates had their normal SAD foods and I didn't have a single craving so all in all, assuming I get a restful sleep tonight I'd say today was a very successful day.

I filled in my parents on what I was up to lately, I lent my mom my copy of 80/10/10 and gave her a list of further reading. She was skeptical but her only comment was that she thought that it would get boring just eating fruits/tender greens. I assured her I would be fine and she was accepting of the outlook.

p.s I'm unsure if I'm allowed to journal on here but I think constructive feed back and keeping in check with myself is really positive. If not I can keep it to myself : )

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service