So I have been playing with this way of eating for a couple of months and have only recently decided to commit in a more serious way. I am currently RT4, which works well for me.
So I have noticed the following and was curious to see if anyone else might have or has an explanation?
1. My eye colour is getting lighter? I went to the optician…nothing wrong.
2. Slimming down without weighing less…this is very perplexing. I know I am getting slimmer because all of my clothes are getting too big. But I weigh exactly the same.
3. I've always had really bad cramps during my periods (I mean PAIN!)
I am happy that on raw vegan diet this has stopped completely BUT the minute I eat cooked food (vegan) I experience cramps. Has anyone else experienced this/Have an explanation?
3.1 Sort of related to my cycle does anyone else get very light and drastically shorter period on raw vegan? Is this healthy? I was always under the impression heavier period is better more 'cleansing' and expelling stuff …?
thanks in advance
I personally are beyond the cycle stage but Freelee has stated in her videos that the cycles get lighter and no pain being on this diet. So it is completely normal. I really don't think that in the grand scheme of life we are suppose to be in pain every month. So enjoy and embrace your new freedom. Isn't it exciting not having discomfort in so many ways living on this life style? LIfe is so much better eating right
Kristina's eye colour changed too, maybe you're experiencing the same thing :)
good questions you have ...
1. same with me and many others mention it too. No worries though. Your eyesight will most likely get better.
2. it is because you are loosing some fat and replacing it with muscle. Muscle is actually about 18% more dense than fat and therefore you will be little bit slimmer at the same weight. Happened to me too.
3. As a guy I personally can not comment on it but girls talk a lot about decreased, lighter and shorter period and pain. You need not to be worried. Less pain = sight that you are doing better than before.
And the cooked food ... well we pay for what we do either way. Raw foods are and always will be the number one. This is just one of unlimited reminders. But good to have the experience.
1. your eyes can change color from eating such a pure healthy way of eating. embrace it...its pretty cool and doesnt happen to everyone!
2. your prob losing fat and gaining muscle. also a great thing!!! dont worry about the number worry about how good you look and how great you feel.
3/4. congrats i wish mine would stop :( i have noticed mine has gotten lighter and shorter though...usually 8 days and very heavy now its about 5 and only heavy the first day.
1. Eye color: Nothing wrong at all. Some people's eye colors change with the seasons, and no one knows why.
2. Definitely muscle growth/fat loss. This is good! This means that not only are you losing fat, your metabolism is going up (because of more muscle).
3. The cramps have gone away because your former diet, whether SAD or cooked vegan, didn't balance your hormones as well as the new raw diet does. Eating low fat decreases the hormone fluctuations during your periods, so that you bleed less and have less pain.
Also: less bleeding is better. Believe me. Everyone I have known who has a heavy flow had some kind of high fat, SAD diet...when I went from vegan to SAD about two years ago, this happened to me. A heavy flow is associated with hormone imbalances due to SAD, especially the high fat content in it.
(Source: Skinny Bitch, Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin)
youre bleeding less because you simply have less toxins to expel. its a GOOD thing