30 Bananas a Day!

Wow.. I've been reading my 80/10/10 and this way of life ( I hate to call it a diet) makes sense! It's closest to nature and it just makes sense.
Having said that, I've been procrastinating on jumping in. I am a vegetarian right now, still eating SAD, so it's a larger transition for me.
As honest as I can be, I am hoping it will fit into my life. I love reading everyones blogs and lifestyles. Living a great life elsewhere.. no kids..supportive community ( or so it seems ) I'm a work at home, soon to be working outside the home, suburban mom of 3 little ones under the age of 4. (with my poor youngest little guy suffering from H1N1 right now )Daily exercise for me consists of chasing them around :-) I of course has access to organic fruits and vegetables. But no access to support. I use this board to inspire me.
I know it sounds like excuses, but I think I need to hear from other folks in my situation. Are there other Mom's our there with similar challenges that are succeeding?
I'd also love to hear some tips about eating while traveling. My husband is a commercial pilot and he is willing to at least try for 90 days. After switching only to a vegan diet, he expressed how much better he felt. So any tips about that would be greatly appreciated. He can carry food, but it's hard to carry even a days worth of bananas in a duffle-bag ;-)

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Heather: I keep telling people, you blend your RIPE bananas with water and store it in the fridge in gallon jars. Keeps two weeks. Take it in a cooler to work. One gallon equals about 1800-2000 calories. Quality calories. Delicious. It does not have to be "fresh made" to be good and good for you. And it is convenient. That is the thing. A great secret. I use it most of the time at work (home improvments).... And GOOD LUCK to you all.
AHHH great tip! thanks
Hi, welcome dear! I'm not a mom, so I can't understand the additional challenge that is, especially if you prepare them non raw meals (temptation). But, I'm glad you've made it here. Do you have any conditions that bring you to 811 or just want to be healthier? How much raw do you eat now?
I would suggest baby steps. Add in more fruit, increase your %. cut out old bad things each day or week. I'm currently working on a website that will have extensive guide to the emotional/mental challenges to changing your diet/going raw.
<3
Oh and your lucky your husband is on board. My spouse is still a hot dog loving boy!
Hi Sabrina and thanks for your response :-)
Besides it making sense. I am dealing with hormonal and emotional weight gain. But my main goal is for health! And I want to set a great example for my children. I just want to feel good. I'll be hitting 40 next year and I just think it's time to take care of myself now.
yes, I"m glad he is on board. Funny, he doesn't want to know why or how, he just says he'll do it? He has much more will-power than I
I've never really had to watch what I ate and I always felt good for the most part.
My husband is having BP issues and it's vital to his job and for our family that he stay healthy in order to maintain his profession. With yearly physicals, it's not just to feel good, it's our well being as a family.
Oh and I'd LOVE to see your website ( I dabble a bit :) )
thanks for your input Ben.. Geesh, I see my kids heading down the wrong path. That should have been my #1 for the change...
Great idea about the pantry..

thanks again for your thoughts :-)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
2 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
21 hours ago
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
22 hours ago
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service