30 Bananas a Day!

Hello forums! I've only been a high carb low fat vegan for 3 whole days. I would be so excited to make some new friends, get some tips, and have people to check in with on my road to epic health. I've done tons of research and I have very high motivation, positive attitude and unusually strong willpower. I just need some vegan friends! None of my friends or family are vegan and I'd like to change that as soon as possible because I don't want any naysayers trying to talk me out of this lifestyle. I think 30BaD is the one for me and I want to do it right. Good luck to us all on our fruitful road to maximum vitality and health.

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Bryan that's a great idea, I will.

Hi Peace - Welcome to 30bad.  I see you are from Lansing.  I am living in the Ann Arbor area.  I went to MSU for undergrad.  I still love getting up there and walking around the MSU campus. 

Anyway - my advice to you as a new vegan would be to perhaps not show too much of a " change " to your friends and family, as in my experience, they possibly will feel threatened by your changes and enthusiasm.

Unless you are very strong, it can become like a " casting your pearls before the ignorant " kind of dynamic - if you let your changes " show " too much.

Yes - use the net to gain knowledge, experience, and for support.  With your friends and family just sort of " do it " without making any kind of spectacle.  It is an art, but also fairly easy.

Like right now there is so much fruit and veg coming into season in Michigan that no one will hardly even bother if you eat only corn on the cobb, or a bowl of cherries.

There are more vegans out there than you think - even Bill Clinton is a vegan now - and his wife just might become our next president !

Thanks for the welcome. That's great advice Magic! I think you're definitely right about playing it subtle. People overreact to the word "vegan" like it's some kind of big deal and they need to get worried about me all of a sudden :p

+1 to being subtle.

Best possible advice.

The less your family knows, the better.

Once they see you thriving, hopefully they come to you and ask what you're doing.

But if you offer up that information without them asking... oh dear.  It never goes well.

Never.

I am in the same boat ! new to this lifestyle and all my family friends and even boyfriend are not following in my foot steps (YET!) therefore, i am also looking for some new friends ! :)

Hey girl!

I'm super new to this lifestyle as well (three weeks I think.) I would love to have a buddy on here if you're up for it! The thing I definitely went wrong on during the first week was not keeping enough ripe fruit in my pantry. Definitely a valuable lesson!

Hey I'm new to the life style as well. Only started last week, following more of a raw til 4 diet atm but thinking I would like to give fully raw a try. I don't know anyone who follows such a diet in real life so it would be nice to connect with others on here on the same journey. :)

Hii, I'm also new in this lifestyle and also looking for some friends,

good luck Peace!

Hi ! Im also new, my 5th week i thing now :) good luck !!

I am new as well!! Let's do this together :) Good luck, I think we both made the right decision! 

Another newbie here, just days in. Nice to meet you!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
yesterday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service