30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys!!!

I broke my finger last summer and it healed crooked since I didn't realize it was broken. I thought it was sprained like the other two adjacent fingers. I had surgery on it in February when I wasn't raw vegan or anything. They removed a bone chip but after physio for a few weeks they took more X-rays and realized that there's a buildup of scar tissue on the knuckle preventing it from straightening out all the way. It's been stuck at a 45 degree angle since it healed in the summer. My next surgery is booked for June 9! I've been hcrv/rawtil4 since April 1. They are going to release the scar tissue (in other words CRACK it) then they may have to slice it open and scrape some scar tissue out from between the knuckle. If my finger wants to immediately move back to it's 45 degree position then they will put a pin in it temporarily while it heals. Now… last time they did surgery I had a tourniquet around my upper forearm and a drip in that wrist with a strong local anesthesia. In the other wrist they gave me a mild sedative. This time I don't want any of that crap!!! I have a high pain tolerance… (I used to cut myself deep when I was 13) and I think the tourniquet will cut off my circulation so my arm falls asleep. Do you guys think I could handle it? I know it's very subjective but has anyone else had a surgery similar or gone through a lot of pain like cutting/breaking/pin insertion? I'll post a pic of what the previous surgery incision looked like. I only had t3s for 3 days after including the surgery date then went back to work as a cook. Oh and I've had stitches done without anesthesia before.

Views: 355

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG, I need pain meds just to look at the pic! 

Lol! :p

Hi Barefoot

I would rather have at least the local anesthetic.Never would I want my finger cut open without if I can help it.Sounds like pure torture.But Dough Graham seems to be able to chop his vegs despite his deformity.Is your finger painful enough to warrant multiple surgeries?

It's not painful but it does get in the way a lot and when it's accidentally squished between things it feels like it will break and it really hurts then! Also, since my first surgery and physio it's sore when I fully stretch my fingers.

Kristina Carillo-Bucaram has a youtube video about tooth surgery where she used no pain relief while she had 4 molars removed.  I say go for it.

Yeah I seen it!!! Idt I could do my teeth…but prob would anyways...

its completely up to you if you are ok doing it. everyone has a different tolerance for pain. i know with my wisdom teeth they were touching the nerve and they wanted me to go to an oral surgeon to get knocked out. NO WAY IN HELL. i talked my dentist into doing it with a little Novocaine and when he had to break it into 4 pieces i felt every bit of him taking it out. but it was 2 seconds and i drove myself home and took an advil instead of the prescription drugs they gave me. i think if you decide to do it with no anesthesia maybe bring some relaxing music and practice some deep meditation. if you are calm and relaxed that plays a HUGE roll and the pain you feel. so i say hell, take it like a grain of salt and go for it. you go girl!!!!!!! :) 

Holy smokes!!! You're super brave! I'd be way more resistant to having my teeth worked on…just seems more painful to me. Whenever I feel a lot of pain I "observe" the pain as if it were someone else's. And RELAX! Yes, relaxing really really helps! It bugs me when people tense up for needles…no wonder they experience so much pain! Thanks!!! 

I salute all you very brave ladies.

Ok barefoot, at least get the best surgeon and not a butcher and don't shake your arm.They'll probably tie it securely onto something unmovable during the proceedings.

Lol, well he did an okay job last time so I'm hoping it will go smoothly again! Yes, my legs and arms were strapped during the last surgery so I'm sure they'll just tighten them up more or something… I have a feeling that the tourniquet will help a lot. 

ok, good luck and let us know how it went,please.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
yesterday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
yesterday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
yesterday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7
"Financial Crisis at PMC - India Leaves Thousands Crying For Their Money! Bank Runs Lead To Withdrawal Limits #truth http://j.mp/2oiRdPW"
Oct 7
"Economic Collapse News - The Fed Extends Repo Operations Through Nov, Retail Job Cuts 2019 #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35exba7"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service