30 Bananas a Day!

Hello!  I am VERY new to this lifestyle, but very keen to live by it!  I need some inspiration and good vibes for sureeee.  Anyone care to share a brief testimony of what they did when they started?  I have read contrasting ideas, some say they went 100% right away, while others suggest easing into it.  Advice? :)

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Alison!

Well what approach you take can depend on where you're starting from. What is your diet like at the moment?

have a lovely day, Esperanza

Well...my diet was pretty SAD, except I ate relatively clean, and didn't really have any meat...  I have started easing into this diet...started off having an all fruit breakfast, and now I'm doing an all fruit breakfast and lunch, with some cooked vegan food at night (minimal) and a huge green salad :).  I think it's working well, I'm feeling great :).  Feel free to lend some advice, I love it!

Thanks for the reply :)

Sounds like you've managed the transition just right! :) I would say to go 100%, add a fruit meal in early in the evening, and then follow it up with a big salad later on. Make sure you get enough calories and you should be fine cuting out the last cooked food from your diet. :)

In terms of affording this diet, try to focus on fruits like banana and dates which are usually cheaper than the more exotic fruits. Have you looked into wholesalers in your area - well worth it as the prices are much better than in regular stores.

Have a great day :)

Esperanza

I totally agree. At first I thought i was a "cold turkey" type of person, but that doesn't work when it is a huge extreme. For me, I ended up binging and completely failing. However, I came back to this lifestyle and am trying to ease into it. (I am VERY new to this lifestyle as well)

I truly understand!  Good luck with your journey, we are starting around the same time :).  Feel free to message me whenever so we can motivate each other! :)

I totally agree and would love to be able to go 100%...since posting my initial discussion, I have found that transitioning is working best for me thus far...I really don't even crave cooked food anymore, but I am including it because, unfortunately fruit is very expensive around here, and I need to get in my calories haha :).

Thanks for the reply :)

I went 100% right away and its amazing I stopped sharing food and how much I eat I guess it bothered some but I will say this diet is so amazing I would say go 100% and don't back your better off and will feel amazing after a few months and then if you ever do think about eating my friend has she tells me she can feel it when she dont have anything raw she feels it go threw her stomach which is weird but I am sure since I feel the bananas I eat digest too.

Oh wow, you rock!  Right now I am actually doing the whole "transition thing," but as the days go by, I am craving cooked food less and less, way less than when I first started :).  I think I am almost ready to be 100%, except for the cost of fruit around here :(.  That is so awesome how you did it right off the bat though, kudos to you :)  Thanks for you input, it's inspiring. :)

In one if Freelee's videos she suggests a bunch of boiled potatoes without salt or anything as your last meal of the day. Eat as much as you want and pretty soon you'll lose interest in cooked food!

Nice!  I will look up that video, because oddly enough, the only cooked foods that I find myself craving right now are potatoes! 

Thanks for the reply :).

Wow!  Thanks for this response...very inspiring, and making me rethink my "transition" period..luckily, I am pretty much through with it...the biggest problem I am facing is the ability to afford all the food, I will have to be more resourceful and check out my options.  I will check out all the links you posted, thank you again, this community is awesome and truly inspiring, great group of people. Loving the quotes as well :).  I am glad I have such a support system here, since the people around me in "real life" don't exactly understand.

Thank you again.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service