30 Bananas a Day!

I just typed a long post and then accidentally deleted it and it was gone forever, so that was cool. Not. Anyway...

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy without cataplexy two years ago. Most people think of narcolepsy as a joke, as it is portrayed in movies, but it's not funny to people who have it.

After suffering from excessive daytime exhaustion for years I had a sleep study which revealed that I fall almost immediately into REM sleep when I fall asleep and contrary to popular belief, more REM sleep is NOT better when you don't get enough "deep" or "slow wave" sleep. I refused to accept this diagnosis because the prognosis is terrible. "No cure" and "no known cause" but suspected to be autoimmune related and brought on by a virus or a trauma, generally in ages 15-20 is when it begins to manifest.

I stopped taking adderall 4 months ago, and the sleeping pills I was on, because I am trying to become healthy, but I have little energy or motivation to even shower, let alone stick to the raw til 4 diet (as much as I want and intend to, getting to the store is even a large task for me right now). This is not withdrawal. This is something wrong with my body or brain that was there before adderall ever came around.

My question is: has anyone cured narcolepsy with the raw til 4 or HCRV lifestyle? I so want this to be the solution but everything I read screams against it. They claim that a ketogenic diet (basically paleo) has helped narcolepsy patients. Nothing seems to help me. I eat a generally healthy vegetarian diet. I'm trying to find the motivation and inspiration to stick with raw til 4 but it's very hard with my poor sleep and extremely low energy levels. I know it's a shot in the dark to find someone with narcolepsy on here, but please...someone, anyone...inspiration please?!???

Views: 520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not heard of anyone with narcolepsy  on here or within the raw food movement. But People with auto immune dis-ease have great results with 100% raw, not sure about low fat cooked but of course this is the second best diet to eat next to 100% raw.  Dairy wreaks havoc on our bodies and grains can be very detrimental to many.  So with such a serious health issue I would do whatever I could to follow 100% raw.

Sorry about your post being lost!  I hate it when that happens!  Maybe try writing a bit at a time in an email and saving it so you can share more details with us.  Keeping it in a blog post is a handy way to refer people to it when posting other topics in the future.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"HIGH TREE-ZIN! MCKABE, LISA PAYJE & SHIFTY ADAM COLLUDED WITH FOREIGN ASSETS IN THEIR COUP ATTEMPT! #truth #light#now http://bit.ly/2VaavBZ"
1 hour ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Declares National Emergency To Pay For Border Wall #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Gu5rVt"
Friday
chris jones is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
Houdini Steve Owens joined M ♦'s group
Feb 13
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Hanyi Zhang
Feb 13
Profile IconHanyi Zhang and Maëwa joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Feb 11
Reese posted a discussion
Feb 8
Olga posted a discussion
Feb 7
VeritasCurat is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 7
Peter Csere posted a video

Amazon Fruit Festival 2020

Be there or eat a pear! Ecuador. January 16-22, 2020. http://www.amazonfruitfestival.com AFF 2019 was a blast. Come to AFF 2020! Tickets on sale now, starting at $475 (prices go up April 1st.)
Feb 5
Manual Pedal posted a video

Surly Ogre Long Term Review

This is a review on my new #SurlyOgre after retiring my #SurlyLongHaulTrucker. I've had this bike for several months now. I updated it with all my parts from...
Feb 5
Profile IconHolly and Olga joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 5
Charlotte Pickering replied to Peter Csere's discussion Terra Frutis in Ecuador is looking for members!
Feb 5
Feb 5

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service