30 Bananas a Day!

Hey all my fruity friends!  It's been a while since I got fired for eating bananas, well, like I said in that discussion, everything happens for a reason, and the universe has a plan, and losing that job would end up being a blessing in disguise.  I went on to help open up a new vegetarian restaurant in town as the vegan pastry chef.  I have instigated the Raw night that happens once a month there, and make most of the raw menu each month.  Well, because of this, I have developed a bit of a following for my vegan desserts, and have secured an oppertunity to provide the main Natural Foods CoOp in town(with two locations) with raw desserts and energy bars as a locally sourced product.  I have been teaching classes about it, too!

So all of this has spawned the next level: making it my business!  At first, it will just be the raw desserts and energy bars, raw "cheese" and spreads for sale at the CoOp, street fair vending booths and general custom orders for things (I already did one 5 tiered vegan wedding cake, and have another wedding in July!) and internet sales as well. BUT eventually hopefully not too far off in the future I would love to open up a juice bar/ vegan bakery/ tea and fair trade coffee house/ varied raw selections/ house make kombucha and rejuvelac and other fermented goods.  For as much as I would like to keep it all frugavorian, but business is business, right? When this turns into a juice bar, raw food paradise, I would like to be able to sell produce, too.  Have some baskets up front where you can pick out a nice local melon, or some papayas, etc.  Also, hold classes on raw food, proper food combining, etc... have it be a great community hub... But also have local art shows every month, sell local artists handy work on consignment, and maybe be a pick up site for CSAs... the possibilities are endless! But first....

...what the heck do I name it?  I know you all must have some great ideas...

Shout out your suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!  I would love it to have deep meaning, so if you have a story or historical background for why the name is what it is, I wanna hear that, too.

Thanks!!!

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW. Fired for eating bananas so you open a restaurant... that's awesome!

I've studied a bit of marketing so here are some things to think about:
- Your brand name should be memorable so people can easily tell their friends. (ryhmes or starts with same sounds like "muscle milk")
- The main benefit that your customers want should be in the name (or implied). That's probably health/beauty/weightloss/ethics. For example, I recently saw a medicine named "pain relief", which I thought was brilliantly simple. Or if you're targetting raw foodies then you probably want "raw' in the name.
- You may want your name/personality/story in the name to make it personal and unique.
- Make it obvious what you sell. "Vegan Paradise" is confusing, but "Vegan Pastries" everyone would know what it is. This is important in my opinion.
- You may want to have different names for each part of your business. Like Cara's Wholesale Fruit, Skinny Girl Juice Bar, Vegan Wedding Cakes, The Fruitarian Diner, etc... Keep in mind that you can easily change your name whenever you want.

One last point is to make a list of your favorite 5 or 10 names. Then go ask a bunch of people what their favorites are. In marketing this is like testing and it may give you some insight.

I honestly don't know enough about your current business to make a serious suggestion. You may want a  name for your raw classes business ("How To Binge On Raw Sweets And Lose Weight" lol). And a unique name for each of your products with your brand name. (Silky Raw Vegan Cream Cheese ... by Cara's Vegan Snacks)

Feel free to ask me more questions if you need help. Good luck! 

thank you! that was really helpful, for sure!

How about "Plethora"?

When people hear about raw food, often they think of how limiting, eating this way must be. However, when you really dive in you see there is just so Much! I mean I eat far more varied stuff being raw than I ever did as a foodie. I had maybe 5 or 6 dishes I really liked and ate them all the time. Now, I'm always game to try new fruit, etc.

Plus depending on what type of raw one decides to eat, high fat, low fat, or a mixture, there is just so much more to it than bananas and salad. All sorts of desserts, smoothies, frozen desserts, such a big and varied selection!

Anyway, good on ya! I'm psyched for you, it sounds like things are falling together, I love it when that happens, even for someone else! :)

genius! i like that chris

just my 2cents---> Plethoraw

Oh that's great Biancs! :)

i like this too, biancs!

very fine and appropriate!

in friendship,

prad

nice!  I like a lot of those, too!
Call it 30bananasaday or 40bananasaday or what ever.
LOL, but you already did that!  But I do like the thought of using banana in the name somewhere... or even Fo Fanna's :)

or Nana Fanna's

SEX BANANA

Fired for eating bananas? What is this world coming to? You sound like a real character! LOL so I would name it

Raw Caracther   as in Cara the character!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf left a comment for Tams
yesterday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
yesterday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 3
"BUSTED DORIAN IS SOMETHING ELSE TARGET REVELED #WEATHERWARFARE LIVE!! #ANALYSIS #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2jVV9E2"
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service