30 Bananas a Day!

Hi guys!

I'm RT4, been several months. Recently I have seen there's brown stains on my teeth. I brush twice a day with fluoride-free toothpaste and floss once a day. Always flush my mouth with water after eating too. I think they are from dates, I eat them pretty much every day but I have done so for about a year so I don't know what is going on. I've tried to brush the stains more and even scratch them but only some of them have lighten. I feel like there's more every day.

I'm going to dentist soon but they would probably blame all the sugar, so do you have any ideas what's happening?

I also don't drink coffee or anything like that. 

Thankss.

Views: 874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do you eat a lot of  greens and other vegetables?

I eat lettuce couple times a week, sometimes other veggies like celery in my smoothies. It's winter now so mostly I use frozen veggies with my cooked dinners. 

good luck

Lol that looks scary, but hey anyway, here's a pic from my mouth ;p Those at the bottom teeth I have been able to scratch a little but those in the top teeth are not going away whatever I do.

Maybe dentists have tools but I'd like to how to prevent to get more..

1) Rinse your mouth three times, with water, after each meal.

Always rinse your mouth with water before using peroxide.

2) Swish with 3% hydrogen peroxide (don't dilute it) for 20 seconds.

3) Rinse your mouth three times with water.

Floss 3x per day regardless of how many meals you have.

Nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be- but definitely needs sorting imo.  A dentist will be able to polish them.    If it was me, I would research internet on healing teeth.  

I am sorry but I have no experience of this or advice - but for dogs there is a product called 'plaque off' which some people says works well (stress - not for humans - for dogs) But  I think the key is usually remineralising the teeth which is why someone asked about eating greens....

Sorry could not give any advice....

My dentists have always praised the health of my teeth, but we've all noted significant "staining," which may be diet related, as I too drink no tea, coffee, nor smoke.  What's helped me is using a powered Sonicare toothbrush, making sure to change out the bristles at least as often as recommended.  Even with just water, this alone will clean far better than any manual brush.  

Also, while it may cause some lip chapping, I've been using baking soda as my only additive cleaner, and at my last appt, my dentist said my teeth look the best he's seen so far.  Might want to do some research to see if this is a good fit for you, but the dentist was supportive.  

Bicarb as a paste or a rinse Windlord?

a paste.  I keep a little cup of it handy, and just dip the wet brush into it.  

If you search you'll find others on here who have had staining after going HCV. In several cases it eventually resolved itself IIRC. As long as the problem is just staining and not decay it's not urgent. From your photo it doesn't look like decay and your gums look fine. Don't over bush or floss too much as it will do more harm than good.

Best toothcare recommendations IMO are:

1. Electric brush w/ medium/soft bristles, get a decent one with the maxium oscillatory speed.
2. Eat (plain) greens after fruit, even if it's just a stick of celery. Chew it for ages. Eat more after dried fruits.
3. Rinse w/ xylitol after meals. Use a minimum of 5g daily.
4. Use a (copper) tongue scraper after brushing.
5. Use a waterpik or similar in place of floss, if you can afford one.

Thanks! I use electric brush, not the best one but I could consider buying new one this year :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
yesterday
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service