30 Bananas a Day!

I went vegetarian in 2005, then went 100% raw on December 21, 2008.  I was always thin, but as you can see from the picture below (left side), my tummy wasn't as toned as it could be.  I was a fashion model and struggled with my weight so that my agency wouldn't drop me.

In 2005 I met my husband who was a raw vegan.  He introduced me to the raw diet, and told me about a friend of ours who had achieved great success eating raw after suffering from a broken back (that friend is healthy to this day)!  I dabbled with eating raw on and off for 3 years, and finally took the raw plunge in 2008.  

It started off as wondering if I could do it, and I ended up loving it (I always loved fruit).  It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought, and after about 3 months I had absolutely no desire to go back.  The picture on the right is taken from a magazine photoshoot from 2011 at the age of 28.  I pretty much look the same, although I do not have pink hair (that's a wig, lol).  I'll get some recent pics of me in normal clothes, lol, but these pictures illustrate the transformation well.

Who would guess that the costumed fairy girl on the right is 10 years older than the one of the left? :)

Eating raw will make the weight melt off in "the right places."  The 18 year old girl on the left was thin, but had weight in the stomach area and little chicken legs.  The 28 year old on the right has solid abs and fuller legs.  Also, patches of weight on my back, neck, and shoulders have gone away.

I don't watch what I eat anymore, I just eat the fruit and veggies I feel like having and it is awesome!  Stay with the raw diet, IT WORKS!!

Views: 817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looking very good!

Thanks!

OMG!  I LOVE your firefly costume!!!  SO  COOL!!! ♥

Hey, let's all go around wearing cool costumes . . . . why should only children get to have all the fun?  

: )

P.S.  You look healthy and gorgeous!

Thank you!!  We should indeed! :)  

thanks for the post!

It goes to show people that it also takes time and patience!

You are welcome!  It took me about 6 months to feel completely comfortable, but there were noticeable changes in as little as four days.  The key is learning to listen to your body--going into the market and picking which produce your body is "calling for." That took a few months. Blueberries might look particularly awesome one day, and melons another.  Once you are in tune with that it is easy and you feel and look great pretty much all the time.

Being raw also made things that seemed unattainable more possible!  At 24 I wanted to learn ballet without ever having tried, and by 25 I was dancing in the Company's Nutcracker production.  I wanted to learn how to do parkour, so I learned how to do parkour and landed my first flip at 26.  Somebody successful under the raw diet can do anything they put their mind to :)

Omg, i love that part:

At 24 I wanted to learn ballet without ever having tried, and by 25 I was dancing in the Company's Nutcracker production.  I wanted to learn how to do parkour, so I learned how to do parkour and landed my first flip at 26. "

It shows that everything is possible!!! :)can i ask how you started parkour? i want to start but im not sure how... did youtube videos helped you? did you do it yourself, or someone thought you?

Awesome! :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
4 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service