30 Bananas a Day!

My oreo addiction is jeopardizing my raw til four lifestyle... help!

Hey everyone! i'm new here and i joined mostly because I've been wanting to go raw til four for a little while now.

The thing is I'm a senior student in a very, very academically demanding school and I'm also preparing to do the tests that will allow me to get into uni. So I get home late and go out very early. I try to distance myself from junk foods as much as I can because I really want to be healthy and fit but after school when I go to the institute where I'm preparing for uni I get soooo hungry, and apples and bananas don't seem so appealing as they do during the day.

So I go to the store with my friends and buy oreos, because they're pretty much the only vegan junk food that's easily bought in any store and that's actually affordable (because I don't know about your countries, but where I live being vegan costs A LOT)

So yeah, I really want to stop feeling like I "need" junk food, even if I know my body and soul don't,

any suggestions on what I can replace them with during my late study hours?

(sorry for the long post, whoopsies!)

cheers

Views: 1154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try dries fruit instead( dates,raisins,etc.)-usually hit the sweet spot and still high carb vegan.

maybe understanding the harms of stimulation would help you seek nutrimentation  and understand the reasons to experience the long term pays offs and benefits that exist well worth it

Es cierto que la comida en Argentina es muy cara, pero no debería ser más caro que comer cualquier otro tipo de dieta.

Fijate de comprar frutas que sean de temporada (no intentes comprar uvas apenas estén entrando en temporada porque te van a costar 10 veces más caras) y locales (en Argentina es prácticamente imposible comprarte ananá, mango, papaya, etc., sin que te corten la cabeza).

En invierno lo único que vas a poder conseguir a precios razonables son cítricos (naranjas, mandarinas, pomelos), peras, manzanas y bananas. Creo que los kiwis no suelen ser mucho más caros que otras frutas tampoco.

En primavera/verano hay mucha más variedad, como melón, sandía, uvas, duraznos, pelones, damascos y ciruelas, aunque siempre es bueno recorrer verdulerías y supermercados, porque los precios pueden variar bastante de un lugar a otro.

Yo estoy viviendo en el exterior ahora, pero seguramente vuelva a Argentina en Octubre. Teniendo la experiencia de lo que es realmente comer buena variedad de frutas y  de excelente calidad, me voy a querer matar en Argentina (la calidad y la variedad apestan), pero igual es doable.

Lo que solía comer en Argentina MUCHO y que es muy bueno es zapallo (japonés, el redondo) y calabaza. En otoño/invierno que entran en temporada y bajan mucho de precio solía vivir a eso, prácticamente. Son super nutritivos y deliciosos. 

También las papas en Argentina son de muy buena calidad (aunque no hay variedad) y el arroz.

Comer 100% crudo en Argentina, hoy en día, no es realista (super caro, poca variedad y mala calidad), pero "raw till 4" o "raw till noon" es fácil.

Un abrazo y avisame si te puedo ayudar en algo! Yo sigo ésta "dieta" desde hace casi tres años y medio!

Martin

Not too sure what exactly qualifies as "cooked food" on the philosophy of raw till 4, but from what I see is that you can eat vegan junkfood after 4 pm, apparently as long as it's vegan, and "low fat". Beer, grape soda, and whiskey is also vegan. As long as you're hitting the macronutrients to be in the 9/5/5-80/10/10 range. So you're still following this "raw till 4 diet" by a great chance.

I'd personally stick to the fruits and vegetables, though. You crave what you are used to.

Some people think about "raw till 4" cooked foods like that. Anything low fat that is vegan, but to me, that's a deviation from the real thing.

In the beginning, raw till 4 encouraged to eat fruit for breakfast and lunch and a cooked, starch based, "McDougall's style" meal for dinner. That is, rice, potatoes, yams, oats, etc. IDEALLY, a WHOLE starch based meal (unrefined).

I'd not encourage anyone to have processed/refined crap on any diet.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
yesterday
Silvery posted a discussion
yesterday
Silvery replied to Rock's discussion This site...
yesterday
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Rock's discussion This site...
yesterday
Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Feb 18
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Feb 18
Rock posted a discussion
Feb 17
OrganicMark posted a status
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Feb 17
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Feb 15
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 15
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service