30 Bananas a Day!

Finally got it up as requested.

ALL questions specific to cycling will be answered on this youtube channel if you post them in the comments section under the youtube video. :)

Views: 3679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here we have a Nation net auction called Trademe. The used bikes there are always much better priced than new. 

I've had well over 30 road bikes and only ever bought 1 new/complete (in 1995). 

Yes technology does change fast with road bikes but mainly at the very high end (Di2 electronic shifting, carbon aero wheels etc) 

That is fine if you've got a bottomless bank account, you want the latest and greatest to try and impress people or you are a Euro pro and seconds in races count. 

I'm not a carbon fiber fan. See the bustedcarbon website.

You crash, it breaks & you throw it away. This happens to $6 k frames as it does for lower cost handlebars etc. 

Carbon forks are a good idea (I guess).

I'm an aluminium fan. Many aluminium parts are just as light as carbon and cost less/last longer.

I hope this helps. Paul  

Ended up buying a new Kona Jake The Snake.. Its a Cycle cross bike. I am loving it so far.

105 and ultegra

carbon fork

Hey DURIANRIDER.

I am now preparing my own bike for the upcoming season (although the Spring is later as never before around here), so I will be subscribing to your channel, that watermellon helmet got me fully convinced!

Youtube will have vids on gears. It'll depend if you have grip shift of thumb shifters. 

If you're just going to use it on the road it would pay to get some road tyres fitted. 

Another thing to do is get it fitted for you - seat height, handlebar height and the gap between the seat and the bars. 

Enjoy, Paul 

Knowing that you have connections all over the world, who do I talk to about getting the proper bike and fit in Costa Rica as I'm moving there on January 19th! Thank you, DR!

There are bike fits on the internet. Sure, they may not be perfect for you but they're pretty good. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service