30 Bananas a Day!

I joined a while ago and finally got around to posting an intro. I'm Ellen, late 40-something , married with 3 kids.

Brief history: raised SAD, started toward healthy eating in my 20s (1980s) with salads and not eating red meat. I read Fit for Life by the Diamonds in 1988 and gave up dairy as they suggested...amazing how allergies mostly went away then. Then started eating only fruit til noon and gave up other meat and fish, eggs etc. I've been almost vegan for probably 17 years? I say 'almost' because I did eat butter instead of margarine and occasional honey.
Was into juicing, green powder, fruit til noon daily and then salads with cooked food at lunch and dinner (a modified HAcres approach, www.hacres.com.). Raised my kids this way: carrot juice, fruit til noon daily and then salads with cooked food at lunch and dinner.

I heard about 811 on a HAcres list in 2007, got the book, started 811 way of eating late May 2007. Only strayed a handful of times in 6 months of 811 raw, (by eating some salsa, dried fruit, dried herbs, and raw onions/garlic/salt in restaurant guacamole).

Sold my juicer and stopped taking supplements. Freedom!
Lost 10 lbs, could breathe so much clearer (didn't know I wasn't before),
left ear no longer clogged up, felt great, could do more high impact cardio (plyos, etc).
Felt great and satisfied if I ate lots of fruit!

But since Nov 2007,I tend to eat some cooked vegan food, sometimes about once every 3-4 weeks. I always regret it and feel gross/down, dizzy/spacey, very thirsty afterwards. Gain weight, left ear clogs up again, gas, wanting to eat more once I started.

I didn't think it was really a calorie problem but maybe an emotional connection with food as eating cooked food usually occurs when visiting relatives while on vacation or having relatives visit here for holidays (like this December coming up) or when under stress maybe. A holiday/memories/traditions connection and favorite foods
associated with places and people thing?

But I've been thinking about what Freelee says about the connection between eating enough calories and cravings for cooked food and so will aim for more calories. 2000 seems like a lot (since I'd like to lose about 5 lbs) but eating cooked food is worse...

I also cook food for family members daily (dh and 3 kids). No pressure from dh about how I eat though and he's drinking green smoothies for breakfast and usually fruit for lunch lately (one of my kids does the same).

I log food at nutridiary a lot though not always (but I got the hang of it and the % are in line with 811). I usually don't have any overts but if I do it's 1/2 an avo or a few nuts and still under 10% fat.

So, I plan to report my eating and exercise workouts here (which page on 30bad? Blog?). I'd like to reach the goal of 3 months lfrv 811
and then 6 months etc. But maybe 1 month at a time is a place to start. For exercise, I like to do dvds at home (cardio & kettlebells
lately mostly). I aim for 5-7 days a week but some weeks it's only 3-4 days a week...too busy with life, work, homeschooling etc.?

I've been reluctant to post because I wanted privacy from people I know irl LOL...so I changed my picture to my dog! No, I didn't say I was a dog LOL. At least one member here does knows me in real life though. Eventually, I'll add my own picture again.

Thank you in advance for support!

Ellen

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome welcome Ellen :) Thanks for being so open. I'm glad to see that you are aiming for 2000 calories, its a great goal if you want to stay 100% raw. This lifestyle works for everyone willing to give it a proper go & you sound like you are stepping up for the challenge! Good on you! Posting in the blog section for your diary entries is probably best.

There is always more to the equation than just food but meeting our physiological requirements first by eating enough sweet fruit to support proper brain & body function... or else self-development becomes impossible...

Look forward to following your journey
Lovefreelee X
Thank you, Freelee and Utopia!

Ellen

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Peter's photo was featured
18 hours ago
Profile IconRuby, linhle11, 13thMoon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
18 hours ago
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
18 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
May 30
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 28
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
May 26
Peter posted photos
May 26
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
May 26
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
May 26
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service