30 Bananas a Day!

I am reading Dr. Esselstyn's book Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease.

In it he says, " Fruit carries a high sugar content, and consuming too much of it rapidly raises the blood sugar. The body compensates to the sugar high with a surge of insulin from the pancreas and the insulin, in turn, stimulates the liver to manufacture more cholesterol. It may also elevate triglyceride levels." 

My triglycerides are very high after starting 811...and I've gained weight. 

Please help me understand.

Is Dr. Esselstyn wrong???

I do not want to die from heart disease like my father who died at age 49.

Please help.

Views: 4404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long have you been on 811?

Vegan since 2008. Raw vegan. Then 811 (not 100% raw) since august 2011. 

811 is 100% raw.. so you never really been 811 to begin with..

Darn, I guess Harley isn't 811 either since he eats steamed dates , and Odwalla Mango Tango, bummer. Guess he's not 811, charlatans!

That's right, Harley isn't 100% raw, but not by choice, by necessity.. if there was good ripe fruit in every store he'd never buy cooked juice.

811 isn't 100% raw that's why in the book Doug Graham specifies HCRV or 811rv when he's talking about raw vegans. 811 is nothing more than the daily % levels of your macronutrients.   

I don't remember of any reference in the 80/10/10 book that says it includes cooked food, salt, etc.. please post the page number if you find any though..

I believe Kristina is right. 811 is just a breakdown of macronutrients.
Natural hygiene focuses on condiment-free, etc.
And raw vegan - obviously focuses on raw.

LFRV/HCRV is the combination of all of this, 811 is only a part.

Well said Jon.

When people refer to 811 on 30BaD we can safely assume they are meaning fruits and veg vs rice and pasta.

Do you have before/after blood tests to prove what you're saying?

What non-811 stuff do you still eat? Salt, oils, grains, alcohol, etc?

Did your father follow an 811 lifestyle?

Somewhere. But I have always had high cholesterol. The highest was 236....I eat ezekiel bread, brown rice, whole grain pasta's, split peas & lentils. No added oils. No alcohol. Low salt.

No my father died in 1988. 

Do you know if what Dr. Esselstyn is saying is true? 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cédric replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"John Williams - Fed Lost Control of Financial System #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2P5nMeM"
10 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a photo
Dec 4
Profile IconAnna Bostick and Angela Hogan joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 3
Raini Pachak posted a discussion
Dec 3
Kelly's photo was featured
Nov 30
ednshell's photo was featured
Nov 27
Profile IconJust.Me, Malika and Phoebe joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 27
Justine Jolene and Kevin are now friends
Nov 27
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Nov 20
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Nov 17
fruity78 posted a discussion
Nov 17
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Nov 16
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service