30 Bananas a Day!

I am reading Dr. Esselstyn's book Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease.

In it he says, " Fruit carries a high sugar content, and consuming too much of it rapidly raises the blood sugar. The body compensates to the sugar high with a surge of insulin from the pancreas and the insulin, in turn, stimulates the liver to manufacture more cholesterol. It may also elevate triglyceride levels." 

My triglycerides are very high after starting 811...and I've gained weight. 

Please help me understand.

Is Dr. Esselstyn wrong???

I do not want to die from heart disease like my father who died at age 49.

Please help.

Views: 4376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There, you see you're not even close to 811..

Dr. E. is obviously wrong on this one.

How is she not even "close" to 811, I CAN GUARANTEE she's getting close to 80% from carbs, 10% protein and 10% from fat... Your doing great RMM!

811 is comprised of raw fruits and veg.

RMM is still eating other stuff.. she doesn't feel good and not getting the results and blames the lifestyle.. do it right consistently and you'll get the results.

but I'll bet her cholesterol is lower now than before she started eating more plants. what ever % of raw plants you are eating is going to help to a degree. It happens faster when the % goes up. Results take time. more so when not raw..

What is rude and mean is people implying that this lifestyle made them fat and sick when they aren't doing it right to begin with.

She's not saying that, she's asking a question. 

Im pretty sure grains have been linked to scarring the arteries and causing cholesterol and triglyceride levels to rise. Just sayin. 

That is what my doctor told me when I was discussing my diet and why I was there to see him (blood tests before the big switch to a vegan diet). He mentioned grains will raise cholesterol, including triglycerides. However, he wasn't discouraging, he just wanted me to eat more fruits and veggies.

I had a banana date smoothie before my blood test and my glucose level tested at 76. Before 811, it was at 97... And I have the tests to prove it. 

I don't know about tri's and cholesterol but it didn't raise my glucose. 

What do you mean not even close? I eat raw for breakfast and lunch and somedays dinner is cooked vegan low fat high carb?? How is that not even close??

It's not close because you eat salt and cooked food and those aren't part of the diet we recommend here.

Spunky, Dr Esselstyn has had phenomenal results with his patients eating while grains...

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service