BASO %                            0.0 - 3.0                    0.6
NEU #                              1.8 - 7.8                    4.2
LYMPH #                          0.7 - 4.5                    2.0
MONO #                           0.1 - 1.0                    0.9
EOS #                               0.0 - 0.4                    0.1
BASO #                             0.0 - 0.2                    0.0

Vitamin B12           Healthy Range                    Score

230 - 1050                        146   ***

Vitamin D :            Ranges                                Score                           

0 - 10 = Deficiency             16.5 (Insufficiency)  ***

10 - 30  = Insufficiency  
                            31 - 100 = Sufficiency 
                            100 - 100 + = Toxicity

So I'm wondering what you guys who get regular blood tests think.  This is the first blood test that I have ever gotten so I have nothing to compare it with so I am hoping to see how it compares with some of yours.

My doctor said that he was shocked that my protein, potassium, calcium, and iron were all within range.  He also said that my kidney function (GFR) was the most impressive he had ever seen on a blood test, and that I must never put anything that toxic in my body.  He then said that he saw no reason for me to need to change my diet, but said that vitamin d and b12 needed to be addressed and shouldn't be put off until later.

EDIT: Some of you were asking me about my triglycerides being a bit high, I totally forgot to mention when I originally posted this that I asked him about it and he just said, "That's just because you didn't fast before getting the blood test."  He told me that in order to get a true measurement for triglycerides you need to fast for 12 hours first and since I ate 40 bananas and a head of lettuce within the 12 hours prior to the test they were higher than they would have been if I had fasted. 

The vitamin d problem is no doubt due to the fact that it's February and I'm living in a cold climate (Ohio) and it's supposed to be impossible to produce vitamin d from the sun here even if you are outside naked for several hours a day and the sun is out.  I had a feeling that I would test low in vitamin d because I have been craving sunlight and I almost feel depressed when I look at the 10 day weather forecast and see nothing but snow and cold cloudy days coming up.

Spring starts in just a few weeks so I imagine that lots of warm and sunny days are in the very near future. 

The doctor said that if I'm going to be moving to the tropics later this year that vitamin d should never be a problem for me once I'm living there, but he highly recommended that I supplement for now in order to get the levels back up now rather than later.  Personally I think that since spring is so close I will just wait to get the real thing from the sun rather than take a D3 supplement that isn't even vegan.

Any advice on B12 would be appreciated.  Again, I have never been tested before so I don't have any old results to compare this to and I honestly feel fine other than craving sunlight, but I know that this may not be something to ignore.  He suggested that I simply take an oral tablet.  I asked about the injections and he said that he doesn't believe in them unless the patient is experiencing the symptoms like tingling in the hands and feet so he wouldn't prescribe them to me.  He just told me to get a pill and that it would be best if if was a "B Complex" pill.

I would love to just see if the numbers will go up naturally between now and summer time, but I'm just wanting to know if these numbers are too low to try it.

Views: 1670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you haven't already found your ideal b12 brand, J6, you might like the one Rawbert recommends here:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/where-can-i-buy-b-12-shot...

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service