I bought a box of bananas from a Saturday market (which is where I normally go).
Usually I buy them green and let them ripen over the week.
This week they didn't have any green ones, just yellow ones that are quite close to ripening. BUT - they've gone mouldy at the tip? I know when they're super ripe the tip gets a bit white, but this is actual mould. I peeled one of them and the banana itself smells a bit like mould... there's no sweet pleasant scent of banana.
What to do?
I'm considering just dealing with it and using them mixed in smoothies, but I obviously don't want to get sick. The banana on the inside looks fine - no bruises/spots. It's literally just its smell and slight off taste.
What do you guys think? Such a waste to throw them all out :(
Sorry my english is not that good, i mean flower become fruits , have you ever see mold
inside the pit of apple, that is fungi that was deposit on flower.
This has happened to me before and depending on how much mold determines whether I save the banana or not. If the mold is at all on the actual banana I toss it but if it is just on the tip I peel it and freeze it. I've never gotten sick or anything from doing this.