30 Bananas a Day!

hi, i have a question about modern diseases. i totally agree that all the cancers, tumors and other modern diseases are caused by unhealthy lifestyle. but there haven't been so many cases of these diseases even a century ago. i wonder if the meat eaters have always gotten diseases only different ones? and these modern are just a result of modern food industry?

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your last guess is the right one.

Never in the past the food was so much processed, full of additives, hormones and so on.

Few cases of top quality raw meat eaters prove us that raw meat from organic pastured cows is not detrimental to health, but it counts for something like 0.001% of the available meat and all the rest in disease promoting.

A century ago, women cooked meals from raw ingredients from the farmers market and meat was scarce. People were more active too. All of that explains the modern diseases, it is not a single factor but more of a combination of changes that occurred in the last century.

I don't think that what used to be the diet of our grandparents is healthier than a fruitarian diet but obviously, if everybody was at least eating as healthy as that, there wouldn't be that exponential growth of diseases.

Specifically regarding meat eaters , theres a class a viruses called "spongiform encephalopathies".... You may have heard them before like Crutzfield-Jakob disease ( i seplt that wrong) and "Mad Cow'". To put it simply it configurates the proteins in a humans brain from an alpha helical shape to a beta sheet shape which causes the depositation of amyloid plaque and eventually death. The only way its spreads is by eating contaminated animals

Its complicated.  

In the old days and before antibiotics and modern medicine, average lifespans of some populations were between 25-36 years old, so may be people did not live long enough to get cancers or have full blown symptoms of heart disease and diabetes.  

On the other hand, I do agree that for many people, if they were not born with a disease, it might be diet and habit related (ie recreational drugs.)

Then again, even if we followed monkeys around, that does not mean we live forever.  Whether from environmental toxins, air pollution, accidents, and or a random growth of cancer, we are never far from death and this lifestyle is not a fountain of youth.  We will still age, get sick, go grey, slow down, etc.  

I do believer overall, that humans beings  may be able to increase lifespans to the 120-150 year mark though if we all went raw fruity, kept emergency medical services available, and engaged in less risky behavior.  Should we be smart enough not to fall out of a tree or drive our car off a cliff?  

Peace, PK

Dr. Neal Barnard says that in the 1950s an apple had 20 times the amount of iron in it than an apple in the 1990s.  So we can say for sure we are getting much less nutrients than ever from our food.  At the same time we are getting exposed to many more toxins from chemicals, radiation, stress, etc.

Then there are the huge assaults on our bodies from vaccines and anti-biotic use.  Not only are we exposed to these and the resulting super bugs directly but also indirectly from their use on animals that are consumed and their wastes full of them are leaked and spilled and dumped into our water and actually sprayed right on our crops too!

There are more factors: like the fact that we are breathing in much less oxygen when living in the city; eating much more dairy and corpses; getting a tenth of the activity/exercise our grandparents got; most of us are  vitamin D deficient and we get much more from the sun than that so no doubt deficient in other things we need from the sun; we are largely disconnected from the earth and the  benefits we get from being outside and connected with the earth's electrical field; eating less and less raw fruits and tender greens; eating older and more degraded food; being less connected with our families and communities and friends and having strong, close, long term relationships, daily touch and talking and human connection. 

That's all I can think of for now! ;)  The good news is we have so much room for improvement, so many ways we can help our selves and our families and friends and communities! :)

Many opportunities to develop the ten parmis:

sorry, for not answering this earlier. i've been really busy and one moment i actually forgot about this topic i created! anyway, thanks everyone for answering my question. now everything seems clearer!:}

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
28 minutes ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/32A0ORD"
Saturday
"Shocking News about Salem Media and the CIA #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2xTX7bz"
Friday
"Iran Offers Nuclear Deal If US Lifts Sanctions; Oil Tumbles #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JPO80q"
Thursday
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
Thursday
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Jul 16
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Jul 15
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Jul 15
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 15
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service