30 Bananas a Day!

Hi all! Im new, and this is my first post!

So, I am not completely 80/10/10, but getting pretty close. And before Christmas I was for a week and a half strictly. BUT, my belly was soooo big and bloated, it was miserable! And all the time, not just in the evening. I felt great in every other way, but my massively huge belly made working out uncomfortable, and I felt very self conscious. Things were definitely not "moving" the way they should. And now that I'm not completely 811 I am still having this issue.

From what I've studied, I'm convinced this is fairly typical and will go away after a while, and I am sure the advice I will get is to make sure I am following the principles and combining things properly. I am going to give it another try, I just wondered if anyone had any idea how LONG it will take for da belly to go down, so that I can prepare myself mentally? Also, any other tips that might help me through this?

Thanks SO MUCH!

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey! Are you properly combining your food? That would be my first instinct as to why you're getting this problem. Maybe you could give an example of a day's food so it would be easier to tell what the problem is exactly.

Also, are you drinking plenty of water (but not with your fruit meals)?

Don't worry too much about this though. I'm sure after a while it'll just go away anyway.

Take care,

Esperanza

Hi Esperanza,

Yes, I was combining properly. I'm not as much right now, but for that 10 days or so I was. I thought the bloatedness would stop after 3-4 days (from prior experiences switching to 100 percent raw) but this time it just lasted and lasted! I'm not giving up, and I'm sure it is something that will tesole naturally with time, but man was it uncomfortable!

Hi Gessell! I had that problem too but I found that the bloating just goes away after your stomach gets used to the raw food volume. If you have the 811 book, you should already know that since cooked foods contain more calories per volume the stomach isn't used to the same amount of calories of fruit. The stomach, however, will slowly learn to stretch to hold more volume. 

You also mentioned that you're not fully 811 yet, so it could also be the other foods that are holding your digestion back...

Another thing I have just learned recently that it's better to get your greens in throughout the day rather than to have a really large salad dinner. I've started to eat earlier before dusk so I don't go to sleep very bloated and uncomfortable.

In terms of the discomfort, give a week or so, that's how long it took me to get used to it. Keep in mind that you'll still get the Buddha belly even after your stomach adapts. Even the long term lfrv get it after a big savory meal, so like I said before, if you feel embarrassed looking like that then it's just better to get your greens in during the day by green smoothie or direct consumption and have a smaller salad at dinner.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I don't mind having a "Buddha belly" when I eat...it's that it NEVER goes away...just sits and sits.

Like I said, I am not completely 811 right now, so am not expecting perfect results at the moment, but was more curious about the 10 days I was completely 811...after 10 days of the discomfort I got pretty aggravated. I would expect a few days or even a week, but ten days of no relief got pretty hard to tolerate. For example, i would feel really stuffed and uncomfortable and so make sure I didn't eat for 4 hours or even longer so that I could work out comfortably, but by the time my workout came around HOURS later I would still feel like that, making my workout miserable. And I was drinking water/exercising/proper food combing etc etc. I guess it just may take longer to adjust.

Hmm, I've only had a bloated belly after eating a meal of apples and then some cauliflower, lol. Keeping hydrated between meals, sticking to high sugar fruit and consequently upping my exercise (thanks to all the good energy) has worked for me. 

I'm kind of thinking it's just a gut floral imbalance that will get worse before it gets better. Probably just have to stick it out.

Yup I expected it when I ate them :p

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service