30 Bananas a Day!

I present for you my venting for your amusement and betterment. Offense intended to those involved. I encourage you to critically think for yourself.

For those that don't know Mark, he is an ex trialthlete turned 'diet guru'. Basically he has just made up a more 'healthy' version of Dr Atkins low carb, high fat diet.

His site is www.marksdailyapple.com and book is the 'primal blueprint'. He believes that you can eat all the cholesterol and saturated fat you want and this helps create a healthy heart and muscular body. (Heck, didnt work for the guy in this photo below.)

Im sure Mark means well, heck, he is rak'n in the cash for sure by all the fatties looking to eat bacon and eggs for breakfast and drop weight. Its the same bunch of fatties that didnt learn from the Atkins craze or perhaps its the kids of the Atkin's munch'n parents. Either way, high fat, high protein animal based carb phobic diets...its downright dangerous. Something Mark and Dr Atkins left out of their books..Dr Atkins ended up dying from a head injury after suffering a heart attack and falling over. He had advance heart disease and was considered obese at 258lbs. 

Sisson fans might say 'But Mark looks fit for his age?'. I agree (even though I cant find any recent photos of him and diet book guru's are famous for working out for some cover shots that they dont really look like year round) but lets remember he has over 40 years of competitive sport behind him and obviously doesnt follow his own diet. A bit like Barry Spears author of the zone diet claiming to only eat 1300calories a day and weighing over 220lbs. (Barry finally admitted to Dr McDougall on stage that he doesnt follow his own diet.)

So this thread is dedicated to highlighting the contradictions of the 'primal blueprint' fad diet that is very popular at the moment in the weight loss industry. If you want to sell books, tell people good things about their bad habits and your on a winner! 

Views: 5275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Grok said: Don't like paleo talk? Maybe you should take it out on DR. He's the one trolling around posting paleo content to promote debate and boost site traffic.

Me: I dont think that's fair Grok.

Me thinks you are trying to justify your..hunting...

I second Tarah's words and language...
"They're good. I've also done chicken hearts. Think the last time I made them I wrapped them in bacon. Might be a picture on my site or twitpics somewhere.

I have a freezer full of beef liver. I'm not really into muscle meats all that much. Tongue is my favorite cut. Meat is meat to me. Just like it is to animal. Only thing that make foods gross, is societies perceptions or perhaps a particular dislike for a certain texture etc..."

This is hardly "discussing paleo". It's rather a very disgusting display of not only cruelty, but a complete lack of compassion and disregard for sentient life beyond your own. There is nothing wrong with discussion. My hackles get raised when I read of your boasting about the organs of some of my closest friends on your dinner plate.
I never shy away from debate or discussion, but insults geared towards animals are not high on my toleration list. I may not regulate this forum, but i'm pretty sure Free & DR aren't too keen on animal munchers either.
Thanks Tarah. We are ANTI-death and mutilation here Grok, from our position highlighting the Paleo diet and exposing it's insanity is fine because innocent animals are dying at its hands (not to mention people destroying their health)... but we will not have members promoting it here (or defending etc.."), its just not the forum for it and the guidelines are pretty clear there.

We enjoy you on this forum Grok, just your attitude towards killing animals for food & support of this paleo BS is really not welcome here.
They're good. I've also done chicken hearts. Think the last time I made them I wrapped them in bacon. Might be a picture on my site or twitpics somewhere.

I have a freezer full of beef liver. I'm not really into muscle meats all that much. Tongue is my favorite cut. Meat is meat to me. Just like it is to animal. Only thing that make foods gross, is societies perceptions or perhaps a particular dislike for a certain texture etc...

- Another post like that and I will have to ask you to leave the forum Grok. VERY disappointing, that sort of talk is NEVER allowed on this vegan site. We are NOT death-pushers and it's just plain disrespectful to those animals that were slaughtered unnecessarily.
Out governments don't subsidize plant production? Grains are what are killing society my friend.
lol are you serious Grok? 89% of the worlds grain goes to feed livestock and then about 40 times more to feed grassfed cattle than feedlot cattle.
I'm glad you said it Freelee...But it's nothing to laugh about. Grok doesnt grok it at all..just like most people I know..
freelee,

part of the silliness is propagated because the paleo pushers take the incorrect arithmetic done by steven davis regarding this grass-fed stuff.

you can see a fairly detailed description of the error here:
the mass murdering plant industry rationalization

in friendship,
prad
I couldn't have said it better. Great job Jaakko.

I have a deep love for animals. If I had a $ for every time I've been called Ace (Ventura)... I could probably buy a case of bananas ;)

I might add, Cordains paleo is lower-fat. Sissons primal is also based around plants also. They're not low-carb diets unless you want them to be. This site makes them out to be zero-carb or carnivore which they are NOT unless you want them to be, but nobody is advocating that.

From Sisson's site:
"Vegetarians - Though not in any way ideal, it is possible to live Primally without eating meat."

The guy seems anti-plant to me ;) http://www.marksdailyapple.com/plants/

He's even married to a vegetarian.

"if you are insistent on training hard for long periods of time, you would add more carbs (say, 100 per day extra for every extra hour you train hard)" I think I've heard this echoed by a mentor here?
Yo Grok,
I'm in a very similar boat to you . Different 'lifestyle choices' for different times/aspects of our lives. I'm not adverse to eating meats, giving this 811 lifestyle a crack for the meantime. I agree with you - some of the comments on here are a bit intense and sided, but I guess at the end of the day this is quite an 'extreme' diet - those who advocate it have to be passionate as they are the 'leaders' of the movement-sorta thing.
I found I was able to get a body I was very content with using the warrior diet with paleo principles (not high fat though, just including meat occassionally), but being a curious beast, wanted (and want) to see what 811 can do to my training regime - endurance-wise seems a blast!
Anymahooz, I guess at the end of the day we're our own rational beings, and we gotta sorta sort the cream from the crap and use our own minds, investigate other sources and find the 'happy medium'. I admit there's a lot of posts that I'm not too enthralled/inspired about, but meh, no skin of my back, I just don't read them...or read them and laugh ;)
Power to ya buddy.
excellent point meg!
unfortunately the word extreme is thrown around too loosely whenever convenient.

here's what martin luther king had to say about that word from birmingham jail:

"... though I was initially disappointed at being categorized as an extremist, as I continued to think about the matter I gradually gained a measure of satisfaction from the label. Was not Jesus an extremist for love: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." Was not Amos an extremist for justice: "Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever flowing stream." Was not Paul an extremist for the Christian gospel: "I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus." Was not Martin Luther an extremist: "Here I stand; I cannot do otherwise, so help me God." And John Bunyan: "I will stay in jail to the end of my days before I make a butchery of my conscience." And Abraham Lincoln: "This nation cannot survive half slave and half free." And Thomas Jefferson: "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal ... " So the question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be. Will we be extremists for hate or for love? Will we be extremists for the preservation of injustice or for the extension of justice? In that dramatic scene on Calvary's hill three men were crucified. We must never forget that all three were crucified for the same crime - the crime of extremism. Two were extremists for immorality, and thus fell below their environment. The other, Jesus Christ, was an extremist for love, truth and goodness, and thereby rose above his environment. Perhaps the South, the nation and the world are in dire need of creative extremists."
http://www.30bananasaday.com/xn/detail/2684079:Comment:432955

this extreme is good!

in friendship,
prad
Don't know how you could consider yourself an animal lover, having a freezer full of beef livers. I'm sure they didn't give them up willingly. Unless of course you mean "animal eater lover".

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
3 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
17 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
yesterday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service