30 Bananas a Day!

Just wanted to post some thoughts on here.  I came to this lifestyle back in April 2013.  I have struggled with chronic bloat and weight gain since coming to this lifestyle.  I did need to gain around 25-30 pounds, but it is definitely more than that.  

I recently discovered that I am very low on magnesium.  My RBC Magnesium test came back in the low range of normal, which is not good enough for carb, protein, and fat digestion.  To not be considered deficient, I have read where you want a score of 6.0-6.8.  Mine came in at 4.8.  This may explain why I have struggled for so long.  

I was unable to take supplements as I react to anything synthetic.  I tried to take Magnesium Glycinate again recently and I did not react.  I know we do not recommend supplements on this site, but I have struggled and gained weight (whether it be fat or water, I have no idea) to the point I have to try something.  I am adding in between 200-600mg per day.  Supposedly, we can only absorb around 20% of what we supplement.  I do eat LOTS of magnesium each day, but if I am truly showing deficient in my blood, I imagine my bone and tissue are completely tapped out.  I need to build my storage back up and see how my body responds.  I hope this is the answer I have been looking for on this journey.  

Has anyone else gained a lot of weight, to only find out a great deal of it was water?  I do not mean 5 pounds of weight, I mean more significant amounts.

Thank you! 

Views: 1224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try to eat more vegetables and less fruit and starch.

I have tried increasing the veggie content. I bloat really bad on veggies, but I do keep trying to add them in to my diet. I just seem to like starchier veggies like peas, green beans, etc. It is abt time for me to introduce them again and see how I feel.

what about juicing the greens for now?

I agree with you, Fruit of Life. I really think the quality of fruit plays a big role. Where I am at, the fruit quality is rarely good in my opinion. However, when I added in cooked vegan grains, it seemed like my weight tripled. My bloat is horrible on cooked starch. But, I see so many people thriving on starch alone. I even bought organic or non-GMO grains – basically the best quality grains I could get and it did not matter. I just do not understand, short of being deficient in certain vits/minerals/enzymes. I have gained 80 pounds since becoming vegan, but part of that is healing weight from overtraining my body. But only 20 pounds of it.

I do think my digestion has suffered from my training days and maybe smashing in the calories does not work for me. However I feel better symptom-wise when my calories are over 3000. Veggies just bloat me out even worse.

Hey FoL! :)  Did you ever find a way to get enough sleep?  I know you do not get much time on the net but you might find it interesting to see how Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram gained weight after getting even less sleep than she already was for a few months leading up to her book release.  She said she got only 4 hours of sleep for many years.  So I assume over the last few months she was getting significantly less than event that!  It sounds like this was the only thing that changed for her and it resulted in weight gain.  She says now she realizes the importance of sleep and proper rest for health and healing.  You probably already know that but it is interesting and a solid reminder to see a real life example happen right before your eyes.

Hey ednshell. I was trying to get better sleep for about a month. I was going to bed at 8 and waking at 4 for work. I wouldn't always fall asleep at 8 sometimes hours later but I was in bed lights out eyes closed no distractions. But that kinda fell apart the last month cause of a project I was working on. I hope to get back to trying soon. I don't know what to think about the weight and the amount I eat. I got to figure stuff out.

That is awesome that you were able to do it for a while!  Did you note any difference from the extra rest? 

Haha funny thing Isi didn't notice a difference until I stopped getting the extra rest. I just feel much more tired now that I haven't been getting it and I realized wow this is how I always felt before I started trying to get more sleep. You get so used to it you don't even notice anymore. Crazy. But I haven't felt good on this lifestyle yet. I mean don't get me wrong I have come a long way with my health because of this lifestyle and for that I am thankful but I still have lingering problems like extremely dry skin especially on my hands. Exactly how it was when I was anorexic. I also still have the edema (swelling in feet, ankles, and calves) that I had when I was anorexic. But my thyroid is better no longer on meds for that. I am thankful for that. Up till 4 months ago I ate extremely clean no salt no oil even no onions no garlic no mushroom nothing. But in recent times I have occasionally eaten oil (went to a vegan restaurant a few times and have had vegan chips on occasion, the beanfields brand) and I have had garlic occasionally now and I eat onions pretty regularly now. I still don't cook with oil or include it in my diet except for the times I mentioned above. I actually feel guilty for these occurances but I think I have gotten so discouraged and frustrated that I am like f it I eat clean and I am still fat so what's the difference so I just ate the stuff. But I have to remember this isn't just about my weight it is about my health so I can't be doing stuff like this anymore. But the majority of time I eat clean with the exception of eating salt and onion pretty regularly now.

very interesting about the sleep/rest experiment! I hope you get to do it again soon! your strong determination and continuous effort are truly inspiring!  good to hear from you!  all the best! :)

"But the majority of time I eat clean with the exception of eating salt and onion pretty regularly now."

Salt greatly effects our bodies. I would definitely look into this and consider eliminating it.
Bananamomma yeah I will eliminate it again at some point but I was salt free for years even before I went vegan. I have been vegan for three years and one month. I notice no difference after adding salt back in. Felt bad before still feel bad now. But I don't feel good about the salt so I will kick it again

Low stomach acid can lead to nutritional deficiencies through decreased absorption of basic electrolytes such as magnesium, zinc , etc. And problems with absorption of  vitamins such as vitamin C,  B- complex and vitamin K.

This was my problem.  As you know I. I have tried everything.

Happy that I found it now. I am using HCL with Peptin without magnesium stearate (I don't have acid enough to breakdown magnesium stearate).

I also take a organic B-complex.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
12 hours ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service