30 Bananas a Day!

I already knew this was coming and it is a common occurrence to lose your period but for how long does this usually happen before it comes back? Not that I'm complaining at all! haha. Just curious.

Views: 1414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One easy way to test the various theories out there is to chart your cycle. It's a very simple process, where you can see whether or not you are ovulating and getting the normal hormonal flips between estrogen and progesterone. 

I am keeping track of weather I am ovulating and I am so I am not too particularly worried about the loss of blood shed. I just wondered if it comes back. And I am not complaining at all. It's actually quite nice and saves me money!

On a low fat raw vegan diet, 2,000 calories a day is very much undereating. It could definitely lead to problems.

At minimum, I get 2000. Also, I have a very sedentary day since I work in an office 6 days a week. I tried taking in more calories but I honestly felt bad because I was force feeding myself. So now I eat what is comfortable for me but also taking into consideration that I need to pack in calories.

I know you said that's the minimum you eat and you try for more. It's good that you are keeping this in mind as you go forward because absence of menstruation can be a huge red flag telling you that you're not eating enough even though you feel like you are.

Try to make your absolute minimum somewhere between 2,500-3,000 a day (this is vital even if you are sedentary). For me, 2,000-2,500 calories of low fat raw is more equal to 1,200 to 1,700 of a typical cooked diet, and that is just not enough. It's sometimes a tough concept to grasp mentally at first but it's so, so important to be absolutely sure you are eating enough, especially in the beginning.

If losing your period is because of undereating, you are setting yourself up for some major problems down the road that aren't easy to fix. Better to be on the safe side and try to eat more than you think you need --- it can potentially save you a lot of grief down the road. Have you tried some tricks to getting more calories in your meals, such as making smoothies with juice instead of water or adding in lots of dates?

There is good reason that 2500 is the bare minimum for ladies, more details here: Why 2500/3000 Calories A Day? 

Eating more volume of food takes some getting used to but if you stick to calorie dense fruits it should be pretty easy to get them in.  For example 3 mangoes every 2 hours 5 times daily is doable for most people and will get you to about 3000 calories (weigh your edible portions to be sure).  Add your tender leafy greens as you go until you get to 2-6% of calories.

Definitely sounds like you need more calories! It's hard at first but after a while your body gets used to eating that much and you won't feel like your force feeding yourself. Has anything else changed in your life?? A couple years ago I lost my period after sleeping with my boyfriend for the first time and I freaked out because I thought I was pregnant, but I went to the clinic and came up negative; they said that extra stress or even just worrying that your pregnant can make you skip a period. This happened to me twice! It's like my body is saying 'oh you slept with someone&used protection and everything? let's scare the crud out of you just for fun!' lol. So if something has been worrying you or if you have a lot of anxiety that may have caused it too.

Not particularly Rose. My stress level is about average.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 1-3 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WJLXlv"
May 12
Lazy food left a comment for Valisa Monyei
May 6
Lazy food left a comment for Joe Heinrich
May 6
Lazy food posted a status
"I’m either fruiting or fasting. Currently Fasting!"
May 6
Valentin Otto and Shvara are now friends
May 5

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service