30 Bananas a Day!

So I have been raw vegan for about a week and a half. Today my boyfriend of a year packed his things and I'm assuming went to stay at his moms across town. The reason he did this is because of my choice to be raw vegan, reach the highest level of health that I can, and find out who I truly am. I have quit drinking alcohol, going to bars and clubs, eating cooked food and smoking marijuana (which he does daily). I have been vegan for a year and he got used to that but now thinks I am nuts and hates the fact that I "won't fit in with society". When I told him I could still go out for dinner and stuff and order a great big salad, smoothie or fruit plate he already seemed embarrassed. He is a dj and loves to drink and be in clubs and it really gets under my skin. I had a feeling that we would not last because we are so different. I gave up everything I had for him and moved to a different province with him so he could go to school and now I feel so alone. I am not that upset right now because I could almost feel this coming. It is unbelievable how already I can already feel empowered to be me and be proud of that. It is amazing how raw foods kicks these toxic relationships. If anyone knows more about this topic please fill me in or share your stories :)

Views: 953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome to hear I am not alone here! Really proud of anyone else who has went through this because I know how tough it is to leave someone you love. But when it really comes down to it I believe that couple should generally have the same outlook and similar goals. It makes everything much more enjoyable and to be able to motivate each other and not get annoyed wih each others lifestyle would be absolutely amazing! I am currently in Brandon, Manitoba for a few months and then heading to Edmonton. If there is anyone in these areas that I can connect with please let me know! :)

You're doing great Ben :) 

Keep it up and we are here for you! x

I used to be like your boyfriend. Worked hard, played hard. Didn't drink very much. By 30 a leaking guy syndrome / celiacs caused a autoimmune response to gliadin that then attacked the similar thyroxin molecule so doctors destroyed my thyroid. Then they put me on drugs which had nothing to do with human chemistry and i got deathly ill. still longer on the SAD diet and my celiacs began attacking my liver and then i got horrific symptoms.

I then tried to eat "paleo" for a year and got sicker. Finally I woke up to 80:10;10 although I struggle to stay on it.

be grateful you woke up so young and that the info is out there now. and rest assured... maybe not this decade, but eventually ... his diet and ways will come crashing down on him.

honestly, I do NOT think a "good" partner would leave because of that. a "good" partner might be initially concerned for your well being, and make sure you're being healthy and knowing what you're doing, but NOT be "embarrassed" by your health!

health is so important. sometimes, it's even more important than keeping relationships with those who don't care about you (and your life!) maybe this is a good thing? maybe this is a sign? you'll find someone supportive!

if not, and you stay together, maybe he'll come around and help you in your journey? it's all a bunch of ifs and maybes, but that's better than "no"! 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
17 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service