30 Bananas a Day!

So I have been raw vegan for about a week and a half. Today my boyfriend of a year packed his things and I'm assuming went to stay at his moms across town. The reason he did this is because of my choice to be raw vegan, reach the highest level of health that I can, and find out who I truly am. I have quit drinking alcohol, going to bars and clubs, eating cooked food and smoking marijuana (which he does daily). I have been vegan for a year and he got used to that but now thinks I am nuts and hates the fact that I "won't fit in with society". When I told him I could still go out for dinner and stuff and order a great big salad, smoothie or fruit plate he already seemed embarrassed. He is a dj and loves to drink and be in clubs and it really gets under my skin. I had a feeling that we would not last because we are so different. I gave up everything I had for him and moved to a different province with him so he could go to school and now I feel so alone. I am not that upset right now because I could almost feel this coming. It is unbelievable how already I can already feel empowered to be me and be proud of that. It is amazing how raw foods kicks these toxic relationships. If anyone knows more about this topic please fill me in or share your stories :)

Views: 950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, yes. My boyfriend often says things about not getting drunk or always eating cold foods. However, we live apart from one another so it isn't as much of an issue for me. Surely people do make it work with others who are not raw vegan or even 8/1/1- like you said, you've been vegan for a good while now and it wasn't too much of an issue before. 

You sound like a strong person and you don't know if it's definitely over anyway. I hope you make the right choice for you in the long run, Seana :-) 

Good thing there are alot of single guys like me on this site that embrace your lifestyle =)

congrats seana for not fitting in with society! and welcome to 30bad!

here's a story for you:

There was an episode in the Kung Fu series from the 70s where young Kwai Chang Caine had lost his parents. He was very sad and complained of loneliness to his blind teacher, Master Po. "Do you not hear the birds singing?", Po asked, "Do you not notice the crickets jumping or the snakes moving in the grass? In such a crowded place, you feel you are alone. Now tell me, which one of us is the more blind?"

now you are free to be with what's really worthwhile.

better to lose a pointless relationship than to lose your body, mind and even your soul. ;)

in friendship,

prad

hey seana, there are plenty of hot raw vegan men out there that would love to fruit with you !

You live in london ontario too?  then you are not alone:)  I host raw potlucks and there are many other raw ppl in town.

check raw london on face book

we all go through this. its shows us who truly supports us. but theres fear on his part. maybe fear of quitting his quilty pleasures. its safer for him to run away.

I'm sorry that you sacrificed so much of your own plans to accommodate this person who seems to care very little about your true health and wellbeing. 

Dope heads really bug me.  Ignore his drunken calls.  

Get a new phone #.

We decided to go out separate ways, well I guess I decided it. I am going back to where we moved from to find out more about myself and grow as a person. My life was put on hold when I moved because the city that we moved to offered me nothing. I don't feel that it is fair that my life was put on hold. I have so much ambition, and personally feel like I do better when I am single. I'm sure we with both be happier in the end, this is just the hard part. I am going to prove to him that I can be a healthy, stunning raw vegan that has tons of fun without drinking or clubbing. He is a great guy, and I'm sure will do well for himself too! Thanks for all of your advice!

Good for you! This time is yours

Why you wanna proof anything to anyone? Do it for yourself instead for some ex dude

Oh my gosh my boyfriend of a year who i lived with and shared everything with dumped me and moved out about a month ago. He didnt do it because of me being on thos lifestyle but we had many differences. He was against my choices to not eat meat and thought that being raw was unhealthy. The interesting thing is that I was never able to stick with this lifestyle when he and i were together but since splitting i have found it so easy to be 811rv! Its pretty amazing! I do believe that everything happens for our highest good and being 811rv seems to be really important to me. Now im single but i am finally able to be myself! So glad to connect with you!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
16 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
22 hours ago
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1
Rawberry replied to Mati Manik's discussion Any 811er in Argentina?????
May 31

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service