30 Bananas a Day!

Lose weight, get healthy... and see how shallow society is!

Just a random thought in my head...

I lost a fair bit of weight, my skin got a lot better, and I generally look a lot better now I am 80/10/10. (I am about 5 lb less than in the latest picture)

I guess because the change was quite rapid, I am really noticing the difference in how people treat me. I get free fruit from sellers who absolutely refuse to take money from "such a beautiful woman", discounts, people helping me with my luggage (even though, come on, I needed the help a lot more when I was unfit!), etc... even old ladies make conversation with me more.

Seriously, it is shocking how different people are treating me now.

Anyone else noticed this?

Views: 2130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. I've been on both ends of the spectrum and there's just no denying it, at least not in my case. People were MUCH nicer when I was skinny.

Oh yes... I know what you mean!

I have lost over 150 lbs and my life is COMPLETELY different. A huge part of that is how I'm treated - it's true, unfortunately judging obese people is still socially acceptable, and people do it coldly and without mercy.

I can now walk down the street and be smiled at, strangers hold the door for me, chat with me, sit by me on the bus. Men like me, women are kind to me. It has been quite a transformation from when I was at my highest weight, when people would avoid my gaze, avoid sitting near me, or holding conversation with me.

I have always been social and friendly, I know part of this is my own personal shift in perspective, becoming more open and approachable, but I know for certain that a HUGE part of the way I'm treated now comes from the fact that I am an "acceptable" body weight and thus, more attractive.

150???? Congrats to you!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I still have about 35 to go to reach my goal weight, but I'm workin' on it! :)

They do? :S 

I wouldn't think of it as just shallowness... although there is plenty to go around. Vegans are a bright shining light with tons of energy and open hearts. People are probably more drawn to you now. When I went vegan, even when I didn't lose a drastic amount of weight and was still very heavy, people noticed how much happier I was and I got more positive attention and feedback. Take it as a compliment. You are the poster girl for what a compassionate lifestyle can do for your looks! :) 

I've been vegan nearly 9 years though! Though yeah, people have always said I had a nice "radiance"/"aura"/(in German: Ausstrahlung)... And I feel that has something to do with attitude and being vegan.

Thank you so much for the compliment. :)

Yeah I think my confidence will have something to do with it. Like say, I am a long-term vegan already... but this diet has given me more energy, which probably shows.

+1

E.B. Tringov has a point.... well said

the need for aesthetics is strong it all life forms

I help people anyway, everywhere... I asked myself if it was because I am "nice" that people are "nice" back, but this is often in unrelated situations - like a shopkeeper will be nice but he hasn't seen that I am nice to others. It is nice to believe it is a sort of karma, but I am sceptical. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
22 hours ago
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Monday
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6
Carol Gay Fagerhaugh posted a status
"Hi ! 30 Bananas ! Can anyone direct me to a fruit and veggie calorie list? Thanks CG"
Aug 5
Profile IconA. Fruitarian and Alex Smith joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Aug 5
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 5
"Google 'Very Biased At Every Level' And 'Will Attempt To Influence 2020 Election': Former Engineer #truth #light #now http://bit.ly/2yDhzxz"
Aug 5
ﻻan mangostan commented on Marina's group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 3
"Trump can be President beyond 2024 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/332C6cZ"
Aug 3
"The Fasting Cure Is No Fad #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #weightloss #longevity https://on.wsj.com/2LX3XWx"
Aug 3
Jelle replied to FruitinLove's discussion Does everybody have a soulmate? in the group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 2
Frugisaurus and Jelle are now friends
Aug 2
Jelle replied to FruitinLove's discussion Does everybody have a soulmate? in the group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 2

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service