30 Bananas a Day!

Lose weight, get healthy... and see how shallow society is!

Just a random thought in my head...

I lost a fair bit of weight, my skin got a lot better, and I generally look a lot better now I am 80/10/10. (I am about 5 lb less than in the latest picture)

I guess because the change was quite rapid, I am really noticing the difference in how people treat me. I get free fruit from sellers who absolutely refuse to take money from "such a beautiful woman", discounts, people helping me with my luggage (even though, come on, I needed the help a lot more when I was unfit!), etc... even old ladies make conversation with me more.

Seriously, it is shocking how different people are treating me now.

Anyone else noticed this?

Views: 2130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is so true, a lot of people just do not want to see it.  

Part of me likes to think that the positive energy you radiate now on this lifestyle is given back by others, but a big part of me knows that society values women on their looks first. Don't believe me? Take a look at this documentary Miss Representation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlSkdKzolo

I've never gotten hugely fat, just plumpy-frumpy fat. I'm "average" American size at my largest.

The first time I lost all the weight (the wrong way, obviously, or I wouldn't be here LOL) I noticed that MEN were very attentive and that WOMEN became very mean.

All my other fat, dumpy housewife friends hated me all of a sudden & talked badly about me behind my back, started ugly rumors, etc. I ended up nearly friendless, which I guess means I didn't need them as friends anyway. But it made me very depressed & led to the weight being gained back.

I realize now that means THEY won, so anyone who doesn't like it THIS time can kiss my grits. ;-P

Could it also be because your personality has changed?

People tend to be a lot happier and more open when on the raw food diet. Perhaps you simply look more approachable now. Physically and spiritually. :)

While I agree with you that we have a shallow society. In your case I think you should consider the fact that you are now likely putting off a totally different vibe to others. If you're feeling healthy, radiant, joyful and strong, people are gong to notice that and be drawn to it. If your energy has changed on a physical level it has definitely changed on a cosmic level which will draw people to you. You may be thinking thoughts of gratitude on an unconscious level, which according to the law of attraction, will cause others to do nice things for you. 

I could be wrong, but you may not hiding as much anymore and so people are generally just drawn to you now! 

I had a few old friends comment on my "glow". I still don't really get what they mean by "glow". One friend said my "aura is lighter". I am not really into that spiritual stuff so don't really see it.
But yeah I am a lot happier, so I think that has an effect. 

Woah... that's horrible. But I would like to think it is also about your confidence. I am a lot over 100lbs (about half as much weight again). Some people really do think skinny people are worth more, but they are such ....s, you really should forget them! Nice people will treat you how nice people deserve to be treated.

Hi Rose!

The way people treat me almost always reflects the mood I am in at that time. If I am happy, I see happy and nice people around me. It's like when I was pregnant, I saw pregnant women everywhere =)

Continue on this road and people will smile at you =)

Love 
Jessi 

I've sort of been getting the opposite. Now that I am so happy and comfortable in myself, all the people who restrict their calories, don't feel happy in themselves, or feel unfulfilled are SO MEAN to me (obviously it's jealousy)! I get hurt now more than I ever have my entire life, but at least I have the comfort that I am being good to myself and I am doing what is right for myself (unlike what the meanies are putting themselves through!)

On one hand, some people are really lovely and open and curious and sweet, yet I find it very difficult as a naturally outspoken person to keep myself out of deep water with people who are in total denial/are super culturally conditioned. I find myself trying to backpedal or cushion things more because I forget that this lifestyle is considered radical for most people and that they don't want the cognitive dissonance that comes with knowing the truth of it all.

I've gotten hate from everyone--my parents, my doctors, my friends. It was so much easier to have an eating disorder and just starve myself. In fact, my mom was so nice to me when I ate nothing at all. It's only when i started eating again that everyone is hard on me. 

I just really needed to get that out. I've sort of been holding it in. This is how I've experienced the shallowness of society. 

this is very interesting because ive gained tons of weight (for sports) and get treated way different now that im bigger.  when they find out my diet there blown away by my size thinking that all vegans are underweight and skinny and maybe im an exception to a rule! far from it takes a shit load of calories to maintain my weight. im always getting deals on fruit as well its a blast when you geta case of free stuff and it gets eaten right there in front of them.. as a skinny vegan (healthy in my opinion) people would tell me you dont get enough protien,,,,now they are starting to see just how much they have been lied too....sean big s

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus's photo was featured
5 hours ago
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
5 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
5 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
5 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
6 hours ago
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
6 hours ago
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
6 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service