30 Bananas a Day!

Looking to move to the west coast, advice please? Anyone want to join?

Currently my roommate and I live in Pittsburgh, PA and are overall dissatisfied with the lack of health conscious, community, yoga, raw food and 811ers in this city.  So we are planning to move this summer on July 1st when our lease is up. 

After a little bit of research it seems like the west coast really has the opportunities and people that are like us so we would like some feedback as to what areas along the west coast seem right.

A little about us:

Mike - Currently works for family business selling work boots and being the inventory manager (not my dream job!)  Works with mom, dad, sister, cousin, and aunt 4 of which smoke and all of which eat SAD.  Little to no true common interests which makes it very hard to maintain growth and hard to contribute to others.  The only positive is it makes pretty decent money over 40k a year.  I would easily give that up for the chance to live my dream out on the west coast and with help, advice and possible guidance from people on this site.  Really reaching out for some connection here. Eats about 80% raw 811 for now and been a vegetarian for 5 years since the age of 21 which makes me 26 right now.  Loves outdoors, hiking, gardening, camping, yoga, fruits, running, personal growth.  I am 100% committed to living my dream of helping spread the word of health and be a living example of health and vibrancy.  I also want to travel, live lightly, earn as much money needed to contribute the most to others.

Dana - Currently is a full time student of personal growth and improvement!  She is a great communicator, very compassionate, kind and caring.  Loves fun exercise, making art projects and crafts, being outdoors/going to parks. She wants to get back into gymnastics and try aerial yoga, acrobatics, kangoo/rebounder shoe classes, etc so we are looking for an area that offers those type of classes.  She is temporarily on disability though looking to make a living helping others improve all areas of life.  She is trained to be a yoga teacher and loves yoga.  She practices it daily.  She would love to find a place that has a big variety of yoga studios ideally including acro yoga, partner yoga, ashtanga yoga and advanced yoga classes.  She has been fully committed doing 811 for 6 months as of now which has helped her tremendously with digestive issues and other related health problems.  Enjoys being in the sun and really needs to be around others that believe in the same things to connect with.  She too is 26 years young.

We are open to suggestions here as to what cities you have lived in and what they offer.

We like Seattle a lot and would like to know more about it, even though we would ideally like to be somewhere with more sun year round.

Anywhere in Cali would be cool with the warmer weather and farmers markets.

Would consider Oregon too though we haven't done as much research there.

Anyone want to move out with us in July? or anyone have a place already ready to be occupied in July?

Views: 576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DON"T choose WA or OR... they are lovely but just not enough sun to be healthy on LFRV.. or any diet for that matter.

I lived in Seattle for 13 years and was recently diagnosed with a severe vitamin D deficiency.The winters were extremely hard to take. I had to use a light therapy box to stay sane. It's just not worth it I think to compromise your health that way no matter how cool an area or city is. Sunlight is too crucial to our health.

San Diego has some really nice areas and great fruit. There are some areas on the coast in central CA that are really nice too.

Best to you, 

Audrey

Thank you very much for your reply, it helps a bunch.  That is kind of what we were thinking but its good to weigh the pros and cons.  So you lived in or visited San Diego?  I was wondering mainly for my roommates sake, is there more and bigger bugs in those Cali cities along the coast including San Diego?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
22 minutes ago
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
1 hour ago
Akira is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
1 hour ago
Windlord's photo was featured
1 hour ago
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
22 hours ago
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
23 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
23 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
23 hours ago
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
yesterday
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service