30 Bananas a Day!

LFRV who still have weight to lose after a year or even two.

I am wondering if there are many out there who have been at this for a while and are not seeing results.  Is it possible to eat two much fat or not drink enough water or not sleep enough to hold on to pounds of body fat.  These small factors in a logical mind could not possibly cause someone to hold on to ten plus pounds of unwanted fat.  I know it feels great, but continuing to gain weight, adding cellulite and not being able to shake it seems to be the trend for many women and some men.  Can longterm ers please comment on what point in time if ever did they start to lose and become as thin as the poster children of this diet.  I am not trying to stir anything up, would really appreciate some truth, as I see many struggling.

Views: 7872

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Love this response, Mary =]  Your priorities really are spot-on, and inspiring!

great response Mary!  We sound so alike in our journey with this lifestyle.  I'll admit I was slightly bummed for awhile when I wasn't losing my extra 25 pounds fast enough and even gaining 15 pounds, but looking at my energy, mood, digestive health is my focus.  And the ability to be playful, truly playful with my 4 and 6 year old boys is the biggest blessing this has given me.  :0)

When you've had weight issues all your life, and you try a new diet or lifestyle, it's hard to think about it not getting you where you want to be.  You've others to contend with who think you're crazy and see you gaining or not losing or whatever it is that they see.  But it's really all about what you see yourself as, forget about what others think, right?  Living a lifestyle in the midst of everybody else living a different lifestyle and criticizing yours is not going to be easy.  But feeling vibrant and feeling alright with the world are the real rewards.

Basically this thread is very 'impatient' in that is assumes that the lifestyle is at fault if one doesnt reverse decades of bodily abuse in 2 years or less. 

LFRV who still have weight to lose after a year or even twoLOL! Its like me saying to the newbies that come out training with me 'your still getting dropped after 1 or even 2 years training?? whats wrong with you man?!'. When the reality is it takes years and years of consistent training to build and maintain solid fitness.

I read it as 'you live on fruit but your STILL FAT after 2 years when you have been eating and living wrong for maybe 40?'. It highlights the status quo mindset of finding whats wrong with this lifestyle vs finding whats right.

I do love these threads though cos they help our sight rank higher in the SEO rankings and overall web rankings. They also stir up a lot of emotion and help get the point addressed of:

DOESNT MATTER HOW FAT YOU ARE, ON FRUIT YOU EVENTUALLY GET DOWN TO A HEALTHY WEIGHT....EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT BUT THEY ALL END UP AT THE SAME LOCATION IN SLIM VILLE SOONER OR LATER.

My 10 000$ is still up for grabs. Someone sent me a pic of Doug Graham and said he was fatish and where is the 10k$? Bloody anorexics lol!

Thanks Ryan.  You are not fat, we should meet again, and thank you for your input, I respect our opinion greatly :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/277947-what-fruit-and-vegetables-...

This is a site about protein found in fruits and vegetables- I haven't read the whole thing, but I'm gathering that the gist is that one cup of just about any fruit has 1 g of protein. One of the responders to Allison mentioned somethings about protein and I guess I needed to hear it- How many grams of protein 'should' I be getting, anyway? I have researched it, but like I said, I think I haven't placed enough emphasis on protein and am still wondering about what I 'should' be shooting for (100% raw, 3 years, HCRV for about five months, feeling great, lost some weight, am thoroughly enjoying myself eating fruit as often as I want/need!). Thanks, in advance for any info/advice!

Adequate calories and adequate greens equals adequate protein.  No need to sweat it.  

Allison, I weighted 244lbs two years ago. I went on RAW high fat cold turkey...for three weeks. Since that time I have battled severe food addictions. I bought into the whole...there are no food addictions you are just undercarbed talk. Don´t believe it. Read everything you can get your hands on. I find reports all the time about the addicting nature of meat, sugar, artificial food (the stuff in the middle of the store), dairy, caffeine. If you have lived on these things most of your life, it is going to be a battle to break away from them. Add onto that, your family and friends who think RAW is NUTS! 

Also, a recent study of 'normal' people on sleep deprivation had to be stopped short because ALL of the study participants developed uncontrollable issues with their blood sugars. Some to the point of pre diabetes. They could not even complete the study.

Add into it our modern work 5 day a week, minimum 40 hour work week plus mandatory overtime and you can see why so many people don't exercise regularly.

Add the Beef, Dairy, Egg and Processed food spending MILLIONS  of dollars in advertising to the point that even the government puts out official recommendations to eat certain amounts of these things in order to be 'healthy.'

I ended up seeing a therapist and a medical doctor who helped me break free of the worst of my addictions. The only hold over I have is that very rarely, I drink about 60ml of coffee because I work at night in an NICU and lives are on the line. I now treat caffeine like the addictive drug it is and only take it when I absolutely must. 

After two years of mainly failure after failure, I no longer feel the need to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night for ice cream. I don't fight myself every time I drive by a fast food place. In the past few months, I transitioned again and am now RAW and low fat, low protein. Since I have gone completely, 811, I lose weight every day. If I miss a day of weight loss, it is almost double the next. Remember, I am obese. I do not think you will lose like this if you are only 20 or so pounds off. 

I have also paid attention to what DR keeps saying...it takes time and effort...as in years to undo all the damage done to our bodies. I finally started my exercise program because I don't live in chronic pain any more. 

You should really pay attention to the fat in your diet. Avoid animal fat like it is poison. An avocado once in a while should be fine. 

Hey Myca

Thanks for your post. Your point about the study with the sleep deprivation is absolutely fascinating (and very relevant to an essay I am writing at the moment). Please could you send me (or post here) the name of that study, I would love to read it.Thanks.

Take care

Adam x

Yes, Myca, please post the title of the sleep deprivation study.  And CONGRATULATIONS on taking control of your life and your fantastic success!

You have to pay to get the full article, but here is the abstract:

Sci Transl Med 11 April 2012: 
Vol. 4, Issue 129, p. 129ra43 
Sci. Transl. Med. DOI: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3003200
  • RESEARCH ARTICLE

OBESITY AND DIABETES

Adverse Metabolic Consequences in Humans of Prolonged Sleep Restriction Combined with Circadian Disruption

1. Orfeu M. Buxton1,2,*
  2. Sean W. Cain1,2
  3. Shawn P. O’Connor1
  4. James H. Porter1
  5. Jeanne F. Duffy1,2,
  6. Wei Wang1,2
  7. Charles A. Czeisler1,2 and 
  8. Steven A. Shea1,2

+Author Affiliations

1. 1Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
  2. 2Division of Sleep Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
  1. *To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: orfeu_buxton@hms.harvard.edu

ABSTRACT

Epidemiological studies link short sleep duration and circadian disruption with higher risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes. We tested the hypotheses that prolonged sleep restriction with concurrent circadian disruption, as can occur in people performing shift work, impairs glucose regulation and metabolism. Healthy adults spent >5 weeks under controlled laboratory conditions in which they experienced an initial baseline segment of optimal sleep, 3 weeks of sleep restriction (5.6 hours of sleep per 24 hours) combined with circadian disruption (recurring 28-hour “days”), followed by 9 days of recovery sleep with circadian re-entrainment. Exposure to prolonged sleep restriction with concurrent circadian disruption, with measurements taken at the same circadian phase, decreased the participants’ resting metabolic rate and increased plasma glucose concentrations after a meal, an effect resulting from inadequate pancreatic insulin secretion. These parameters normalized during the 9 days of recovery sleep and stable circadian re-entrainment. Thus, in humans, prolonged sleep restriction with concurrent circadian disruption alters metabolism and could increase the risk of obesity and diabetes.

Citation: O. M. Buxton, S. W. Cain, S. P. O’Connor, J. H. Porter, J. F. Duffy, W. Wang, C. A. Czeisler, S. A. Shea, Adverse Metabolic Consequences in Humans of Prolonged Sleep Restriction Combined with Circadian Disruption. Sci. Transl. Med. 4129ra43 (2012).

Thanks, Amelia.  I was curious about that study as well.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock posted a discussion
7 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
17 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
Jan 23
"Did Google Assassinate Wife Of Whistleblower Who Exposed The Search Engine? #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2TIghNE"
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service